Axe FX 2 vs the XL

Mooseman0389

New Metal Member
Jun 26, 2011
Durham, NC
www.facebook.com
I would love the opinion of any potential Fractal fans out there. Basically I know that I want to get an Axe II. I just can't decide if I would rather use $300 to get an XL over the mark II OR get a black lion mod on my interface.

Other than more memory are there any advantages I'm missing that justify the $300?

Thanks for any insight!

i own an regular Axe FX II.. not an XL
and what annoys me is that i cant load patches that have been created with XL on my regular Axe FXII.

i dont really dont need the more of capacity that XL offers, but the "downwards" incompatiblity between presets is a bummer.. as you can load any presets on the XL, but not vice versa

and i´m not a preset guy bymyself, i really like to build my own presets for my own sounds, but there are some awesome free presets out there that unforutntly just work on XL.

You should also note that Cliff mentioned that the XL has a ton of memory on reserve for future updates. Sounds like he has something in mind that might not work with the II. I went with the XL. $300 now isn't fun, but in the future you might want those updates and the process of selling a II, adding cash, (most likely more than $300,) and then getting an XL wouldn't be fun either!