Axe-FX Drop-C 6-Amp Models Mix

afxwinter

Aug 14, 2007
Here's a clip I recorded to test the 3 patches I just made for the Axe.

Left is a IIC+ and a VH4 into a recto cab.
Right is a Recto(orange) into a recto cab and an AC30 into a Marshall 4x12 with greenbacks.
In the middle is a Marsha into a Marshall 4x12 with greens and a Fender Twin into a Matchless
2x12.

Original Mix

Less Comp on drums, middle amps muted

What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Soundcloud is ok too. Normal webspace or download sites like mediafire, 4shared, etc. are all slow and cumbersome. Dropbox lets you click on a link and it instantly plays... same w/ soundcloud.
I will have a listen later on my reference monitors. Can't now i'm at work. I'm sure someone else here can tho.

The concept of the tone is very nice, but its a little cloudy at the moment, and being drowned out by the drums which are thumping way too hard in my opinion. There's potential, though, keep it coming.

Thanks man, so less compression on the drums and how can I get the guitar to sound less cloudy? I've cut out some 425hz to make it sound less boxy so far, and did slight shelving on the highs and lows.

Here's a version where I removed a lot of compression from the drums, took them down in the mix, & muted the middle 2 amps.
My theory before with the 6 amps was exactly what you said, about trying to completely fill the spectrum, I didn't really think it sounded mushy or anything you'd expect with that many amps blended together, but it's possible the middle channel isn't doing much for the mis, it's the darkest of all the amp pairs I setup. How's this sound?

Last edited by a moderator: