Axe-Fx gap between presets

Behind

Sep 3, 2008
I haven't had the opportunity to try one yet, but I've noticed in some videos that the Axe-Fx produces a gap or silence when changing presets with a MIDI controller. Is that true?

I have a shitty multi effects from the 90's made by boss that produces this kind of shitty gap between banks and I cannot believe that a unit that costs more than 2000€ does that too.

I was wondering to purchase an standard or ultra but if that's the case, this unit is completely unusable in live situations for me.

What do you think?

As far as I know, it does this for every preset. It also does it slightly when you use the X/Y functionality within a single preset. Yes, I am uber sensitive to this kind of thing too, and was one of the factors against going digital for me.

The latency at the mo should be no more that 20/30 m secs , according to Fractal they are working on improving this in an update soon . There are some workarounds , a lot of guys use one patch per song with a couple of amps + effects loaded then use controllers to switch them on and off , this leaves things like delay or rev tails to spill over between changes which can be nice .

Thanks for the replies guys. Personally I find it annoying and I won't be buying anything with this kind of issue.

Plankis example shows that the transition could be very smooth but that's not always the case. For those who don't know what I'm talking about, watch this at the 1:28 mark.

Last edited by a moderator:
Always had this problem with any processor I've ever owned. Live i always had to hit the pedal a tiny bit before the actual change happened, fucking annoying shit.