AXE FX II > Firmware 10 released!

i downloaded the rose of sharyn DI's and imported the backing track and one track per side only (it's 4 tracks originally)
then i reampedit through my first patch i made yesterday (5 minutes, just basic settings, no tweaking)
i also made it using headphones as i was not able to try it on daytime...so it will probably sound not that good :lol:

no tweaking, just the backing track and the two reamped tracks panned 100% L/R. FG-X on the master just to make it loud.

TEST

i downloaded the rose of sharyn DI's and imported the backing track and one track per side only (it's 4 tracks originally)
then i reampedit through my first patch i made yesterday (5 minutes, just basic settings, no tweaking)
i also made it using headphones as i was not able to try it on daytime...so it will probably sound not that good :lol:

no tweaking, just the backing track and the two reamped tracks panned 100% L/R. FG-X on the master just to make it loud.

TEST

What amp did you use to make the patch? I'd like to hear someone try to match it up with a mesa and / or 5150 and compare it to stuff like this

http://www.jasoncohenitservices.com/rose/

I'm stoked to update my Axe ii though. I'll do that now.

So the selling our kempers and getting back the axe fxs has begun?

Sold my Kemper last week. I'd keep it if I had my own amps to profile but I just hit a brickwall with its limitations and problems when using other people's profiles.

New update sounds really good so far. The main thing I noticed is how much tighter the hi-gain amps are. Before I had to cut some of the bass before hitting the tubescreamer to keep things from getting muddy but now I don't have to do this anymore. Palm mutes are much more dynamic aswell and on par with the Kempers 3D feel now.

I really hope this is the last major update so I don't have to keep dialling in all my patches from scratch again.

Sold my Kemper last week. I'd keep it if I had my own amps to profile but I just hit a brickwall with its limitations and problems when using other people's profiles.

Did that same thing a couple of months ago. I have no doubt the Kemper is superb when it comes to making own profiles. I did never get totally satisfied tweaking other peoples profiles, however.

What amp did you use to make the patch? I'd like to hear someone try to match it up with a mesa and / or 5150 and compare it to stuff like this

http://www.jasoncohenitservices.com/rose/

I'm stoked to update my Axe ii though. I'll do that now.

i used the 5153 red model with the matched IR and another IR blended in 50/50.
all in all dialing in tones is much easier than it was before but you definitively need to know what settings you have to touch. the amp block is very well explained in the wiki so basically it's a short time of learning. i can program usable sounds just by setting the parameters visually because i know what they do and how the sound is affected :)

ok, first of all, you need a good sense of humor to watch this!!!
lot's of people got offended by this, honestly i can't understand why. bztw, i'm german and i think it's hilariously great! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator: