Did you know there are 8 types of V30's? they all sound quite different. Listen here!

guitarjon

May 16, 2010
Ownhammer just released a new set of IR's that I like to use with my Axe FX II.
The new V3 mix libraries are simply awesome!
With these IR's it's very easy to get great sounds quickly.
In the new packs he actually has 8!! different types of V30's in a couple of different cabs.
I love V30's so I made a comparison on the Fractal Audio forums.

Some of the V30's are English and made for Mesa or Marshall.
Others are from China and are used in Orange and Bogner cabs etc.

This is probably also interesting for people who don't use an Axe FX or IR's!
Check the clips and extra info out here:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...oundclip-comparison-ownhammer-v3-mix-irs.html

maybe i not so open minded, and/or beer cloud my judgement but do you try to share with us something that you find or try to advertise some company??

maybe i not so open minded, and/or beer cloud my judgement but do you try to share with us something that you find or try to advertise some company??

I don't work for Ownhammer but I am genuinely enthousiastic about these IR's....
So I'm just sharing something I thought some of you would like.
I didn't know there were so many V30's.
Does it matter anyway?

Theres more. Theres also the Vintage 30MF/Relic 30/Hellatone 60L and the BadCat variations off the top of my head.

Also theres also both MIE and MIC versions of the T3903 and T3904.

Theres more. Theres also the Vintage 30MF/Relic 30/Hellatone 60L and the BadCat variations off the top of my head.

Also theres also both MIE and MIC versions of the T3903 and T3904.

Cool! I'd love to also hear those.
Thanks for the info!

Cool comparison, thanks!

I've totally gone down the IR rabbit hole the last couple years and even though I have a Kemper now I still like to mess around with IRs on my computer.

From these I liked #8 and #12 best I think. I bought #8 now, will check it out later.

(On a side note, super confusing to me with the million different IR packs and versions hey are offering now...)

I just came here to say this ownhammer impulses are awesome, the best I have tried so far.
BTW I will like to know: what speakers/cabs do you dig for progressive metal?

Real speakers are better.

well-like-whatever.gif