Free Mesa OS 4x12 V30 Impulses for you!

1a.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

6.png

1.gif

I don't remember the exact order.

Looks like I'm missing the ond under "And now I want the frequencies to be more dynamic, I want the feeling of the air pressure on the mic. Obviously this is nothing like the real deal, but sounded awesome compared to the regular way"

I don't remember what it was.

Ooh I like the look of this thread, I shall have to give this a try when I get home :) I might just add that i'm new to this forum and I'm impressed by how friendly everyone is :) well done you!! Hehe

Got the files :) thanks so much, they sound sick, just gotta have a play around to get a good mix, only problem is that my CPU can't handle it :/ haha

Ok, so here it is the explanation.

As everybody knows, impulses sound flat and sterile. I hate to admit it, but that's a fact. I'd love to be able to record using real amps and cabs, but that's just not possible to me right now.

So, I've always tried my best to improve the quality and realism of my guitars.

I came to the conclusion that one of the worst disadvantages of using impulses is that they can't capture the cab's weight and they are totally flat: they're an equalizer, or a filter, whatever you prefer to call it.

In a real cab, the flat sound coming from the amp is shaped dynamically so, the closest I can get to some of the amp's dynamic with the actual available audio technology is using compressors. But compressors don't actually add dynamics, they flatten they out, so I thought that maybe it was a good idea to "uncompress" the midrange and lowend to give more "thump" to the sound.

So, take a look at my chain:

No tubescreamer, instead, a high boost. I'm getting tired of TS. I have started thinking that using a software TS contributes to the overall "ampsim sound" that you can recognize miles away.
1.png

Then the amp, I really liked LeGion while testing this new system.
2.png

LeCab, with the 6 impulses listed in my post above.
3.png

And now here comes the new stuff. I want to feel a mic'd cab, I want that massive lowend that has to be filtered later, leaving some traces of massive bass response:
4.png

And now I want the frequencies to be more dynamic, I want the feeling of the air pressure on the mic. Obviously this is nothing like the real deal, but sounded awesome compared to the regular way:
5.png

Note that the settings are specific to my chain, you will have to tweak them to fit your own chains.

Here it is an example of it working:
1.gif

The whole frequency spectrum gets modified and responds dynamically to my playing.
It actually acts quicker, but the gif framerate doesn't let you see the real thing.

And finally, the post EQ for all the guitars together:
6.png

If you have any questions, just ask them here ;)

Cheers!:kickass:

Just thought i'd quote this to help those that wanna be lazy and don't want to track back lol. =) I also feel a inclined to try this out myself given what i hear and feedback it's gotten =)

Hey guys, sorry for the necrobump, but after my HDD died, i've had to re-download everything... and every link for gods cab is totally dead. Can anybody help at all?