Free Mesa OS 4x12 V30 Impulses for you!

I'm definetly not a n00b, but I'm no pro either. So, I'm having a hard time wraping my head around what erik did with the multiband.

I get he uesed it to fake dynamics that are lost by using the static curve of the IR, but I don't understand the basic concept used to do it. Could some one just explaine simply whats going on in that FX chain to try and simulate dynamics? Specifically i just dont understand whats going on between The IR's, and the Final EQ. Other than there is amultiband compresor doing some stuff.

He's adding some more thump and saturation to the low end with maxbass before running the multiband which makes the different frequency bands compress differently. Do you know how a multiband compressor works, or a compressor for that matter? If not read up on it, you'll find lots of topics on it if you search this forum.

I do know about compresion. I just didn't think I understood 100% what he was doing with it here, but I guess I did. Thanks.

Kick was devildriver kick, snare is a blend between slate snare 8 and 15.

The thing with the multiband is that I can control how punchy/smooth is every frequency band based on how hard I strum. The overall result is improved punch and smoother high end.

Any chance you can reupload the signal chain picture please. I have been looking for this forever and I would really like to see what you are doing to recreate the feeling of a real cab.