OwnHammer Impulses - Speaker Cabinets now available!

Well, I got Nebula recently, so thought I'd give these a go. I did a little Medley of Tool's "The Grudge" just to see what the tone was like. I am liking them for sure, but I definitely need to spend more time.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/630473/GrudgeMedley.wav (43mb - sorry for the big file!)

There's no pre or post-EQ going on here. The chain is:

Laney VH100R fx loop > Profire 2626 > Ownhammer Mesa V302 SM57_1 > AlexB DTE preamp model

I was just having a play around, so if it sounds gash to you, it's just my lack of preparedness and attention to detail. I just wanted to get a quick clip together to see if it was better than regular convolution. I'm part way convinced...

Oh, and I apologise for the crappy playing! :lol:

Sounding very cool guys. So do these work with Nebula 3 free or do you need the pro version?

WNichols said:
So do these work with Nebula 3 free or do you need the pro version?

You'll need a commercial version of Nebula, be it Nebula 2, Nebula 3, or Nebula 3 Pro (the latter two only differ on the version of NAT included). One of the value adds to their commercial line is the ability to load 3rd party libraries such as these and others, and as a result will not load into the free version. Hope this helps!

I'm personally finding these impulses to be very good. In some sense, I'd rather use them than a real cab... for late night jamming, effects loop out into soundcard, then into Nebula - it's great!

I've now got Recabinet and Redwirez which will most likely just sit there completely unused now.

Hi everyone,

Now available on ownhammer.com is the 112-GTR Boogafunk 12L set of libraries, which is the Electro Voice EVM-12L Classic speaker in the 112 cab specifically designed to house it!

If you haven't been to the site in the last month or so, the following changes have been made:
- Added a new dedicated storefront that is much more convenient and adds many additional features from the previous framework.
- Changed the amp settings for the "Blues" and "Metal" demos.
- Altered product pages for easier access and flow of information.
- Added a user submitted audio demo page, which can be found:

http://www.ownhammer.com/useraudio/speakercabinets

This is also linked to on every "Listen" page.

Additionally, the following products are next in line in the development queue:

412-GTR SLM H65
412-GTR SLM M75
412-GTR SLM H75
BASS-CAB CBL
BASS-CAB CBN
412-GTR Krank TEX

Enjoy!

Does it matter if one uses regular nebula dll or the reverb one?In the acustica faq it says that both are better at different kind of emulations but I can't hear any difference with your Mesa programs.

Neb 2 does seem to crash a bit in a busy mix sometimes :-( Got some better clips coming up, with cold sweats on a mahogany ibanez \m/

Fuck dude...that's a crushing guitar tone right there! :yow::yow:

Edit: Just bought Nebula and am about to buy the impulses...can't take the G.A.S. anymore!

Thanks a ton! Get these ownhammer ones - highly recommended. Awesome nebula programs with great dynamics and mic positions!

brain.my.check said:
is there any difference in quality between nebula2 and nebula3 when loading ownhammer impulses?

As per Acustica-Audio.com's FAQ, in theory, there should be no difference:

- First run and general usability questions -

7 Are Nebula2 and Nebula3 the same engine and same sound quality?

Yes - Nebula2 and Nebula3 have the same engine.

Practical application, however, someone with experience with both may need to chime in (I have only used Nebula 3), or you could direct your question to the acustica-audio.com forums or their support staff for more opinions/info.

Hello Everyone,

Now on ownhammer.com is the '412-GTR SLM M75' set of IR libraries, which consists of the Scumback M75 captured in an SLM Electronics BV412SVB 4x12 cabinet.

For more information on the cabinet and speaker, please go to the following page and click the question mark next to the cabinet or speaker name:

http://www.ownhammer.com/impulses/412-gtr/

Direct link to sound samples for the new library:

http://www.ownhammer.com/impulses/412-gtr/media/slm/m75/

Also now on the site are product bundles. These bundles are bound by the same discount values set by the 'Frequency Discount' function in the store, and simply allow users to buy more with less clicks.

For more information on the Frequency Discount tiers and values:

http://www.ownhammer.com/store/index.php?main_page=frequencydiscounts_promo

For more information on the bundles:

http://www.ownhammer.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_77

Enjoy!

did you copy the vector AND the programm files into the right directories of the repository?

Yep! I've noticed that i can't load Poidaobi ENGL program neither. The last things i did recently are:
1 - Installing Nebula 3 free
2 - Seeing that this fucked every Acustica Audio Vst
3 - Uninstalling every acustica audio vst
4 - Installing only Nebula 2
5 - Updating it
o_O

Definitely sounds like a Nebula issue (additionally if it were something with the libraries it would have cropped up by now), so here's something to try:

- Make a copy of your C:\nebulatemprepository directory and rename it to something else, for example "nebulatemprepository_old".
- Go through the uninstall procedure again, and this time at the end delete the original 'nebulatemprepository' so that when re-installing a new 'nebularepository' directory is created with new default files.
- All of your previous additional content will still remain in the 'nebulatemprepository' folder, so once you re-intsall move over the additional program and vector files you've accumulated, however don't copy over any of the default files, as this will defeat the purpose of re-creating the files!

If for any reason any of the files have become corrupted or rendered disfunctional, this should help you start from scratch with no files left over in the directory. Also check to see if there is a newer version of the product you have on your Acustica-Audio account. I've had issues where presumably my init files became corrupted and the plugin would never even initialize, rendering the entire plugin inoperable. Doing the above - renaming the old directory, getting the newest installers, and installing it fresh - fixed it for me. This may be overkill, but it's something worth trying.

Hope this helps!