OwnHammer Speaker Cabinets Public Beta (free stuff inside)

ownhammer

New Metal Member
Aug 5, 2010
www.ownhammer.com
Hello Everyone,

I have been very hard at work on multiple and varied projects over the last six months. One of these projects has been working on ways to improve and expand the Speaker Cabinets libraries to provide the best sounding product to the widest array of possible tastes and applications. I feel I have succeeded, and would like to see what you think as well.

Some of you may already be familiar with what I do, and others may not. To the uninitiated, what is included here is a small sampling from my 'middle of the road' (in terms of verbosity) package offering, and in this particular case of a Bogner 4x12 cabinet with Celestion Vintage 30's. Axe-Fx, Axe-Fx II, convolution reverb wave audio, and commercial Nebula file formats are provided here, and I encourage you all to compare as many of the different platforms as you can. For those working in the DAW, the Nebula implementation here simply cannot be beaten in terms of sound quality, realism, and ease of use with the programmable interface of multiple tone options.

This is a limited time offering, and will expire when all final decisions are made as the full library is released in the near future. If you like what you hear, please consider picking up the commercial version when it is released.

The public beta package can be downloaded from the following address:

http://www.ownhammer.com/free/OwnHammer-Public-Beta.zip

Please feel free to re-post the link wherever you'd like, the more exposure the better, but the files follow the same usage restrictions as the commercial libraries so re-hosting is expressly forbidden. Once the beta period expires and the offering is absorbed into the commercial library, the link and files will cease to exist.

I look forward to lurking through the threads on the various forums where this ends up and hearing any sound clips you may have to post; it helps get an idea for the kinds of musical styles, equipment, and tones most folks are after these days, and is also nice to see the results of all the hard work on display.

Enjoy, and look for more exciting developments to be unveiled in the coming months!

All the best,
Kevin
OwnHammer.com

How will this new project be related to your current libraries? Will it be an upgrade for current users or entirely separate?

Having a lot of fun messing around with this, by the way; getting some good sounds out of it.

How will this new project be related to your current libraries? Will it be an upgrade for current users or entirely separate?

Having a lot of fun messing around with this, by the way; getting some good sounds out of it.

Glad to hear you're digging it so far. :)

This is the next step in the NEB/WAV libraries. Decisions have to be made on packaging, and I'm just not at that point yet where I have come to any final conclusions.

Any previous NEB/WAV library owner will get the new files updated for free.

The PRO series is going to undergo a large change as well, same deal all around.

Can Nebula 3 free be used?

No, commercial version only. I initially crypted this to run on Neb 3 Free but so far as I could see the sliders are programmed at the plugin level (i.e. nothing I have any control over) not to function, which is critical in the use of my Speaker Cabinet products and therefor not conducive to serving as a demonstration medium, which this is intended to be.

Kevin has always made the best IR's out there from day one with his Mesa impulses! Amazing tone that literally makes everything sound like money. Just try them out, you won't regret it. :)

Thank you so much Kevin! I'll give these a go soon.

For those working in the DAW, the Nebula implementation here simply cannot be beaten in terms of sound quality, realism, and ease of use with the programmable interface of multiple tone options.

I'm guessing these will not work with Nebula 3 Free? In that case, I hope you make a "Powered by Nebula" plugin version for us non-Nebula 3 users. 3rd party developers are already doing this, check out CDSoundMaster.

Cheers

Thanks guys!

As per the Aquos plugins, I will probably never have time nor could justify the effort to build or support a standalone VST. If I worked 5-7 days a week doing only cabs I could be busy with what I am and will be doing without a single break for another decade, and plan to do so if still a worthwhile endeavor. If things ever change and I find myself wanting to explore VST programming, this will certainly be my first stop though. :)

Thank you Ownhammer, I'll try these out and I'll let you know ;)
I'm a Nebula user and very happy with it.
I think it's a great plugin/technology, very detailed and now very stable.

Just a shame that Nebula sucks balls.

Not even gonna start. Ignorant people don't usually listen to reason (or apparently don't hear the VASTLY better sound that Nebula is capable of either) :lol:

I'll take my improved dynamics and harmonic distortion with Nebula cabs over the bland and static IR WAV's anyday.

Not even gonna start. Ignorant people don't usually listen to reason (or apparently don't hear the VASTLY better sound that Nebula is capable of either) :lol:

I'll take my improved dynamics and harmonic distortion with Nebula cabs over the bland and static IR WAV's anyday.

+1 amen as they say in the bible belt (apparently. I've only seen documentaries)

+2