Introducing two new IR packs, massive IR shootout, AND a surprise!

Great news, I am going to be adding alternate versions of all of my IR packs to the list of things you get in each pack. If all of the IR packs listed above are "Modern" then the new generation of IR packs will be "Vintage" iterations of those same packs, included for the same price. Only difference is instead of that modern super open top end and modern mix clarity, the vintage packs will be the same in the lows and mids, but darker warmer highs.

Hope I'm not being too invasive (if you don't want to answer this, then by all means don't :p) but how are you going to give them a more vintage feel? With a different power amp?

Hope I'm not being too invasive (if you don't want to answer this, then by all means don't :p) but how are you going to give them a more vintage feel? With a different power amp?

First things first, I don't intend to hide anything, and I would gladly discuss my techniques at length with anyone ;)

I'm going to do it using different power amp settings on the amp when I reamp. Thing is, when I make IRs I intend to provide the most honest broadband representation of the cabinet as I can, encompassing all guitar frequencies. Only problem is, CURRENTLY, there are more bright amp sims than there are dark amp sims, so where these settings work just fine when I use them for reamping with a tube amp, they MAY under certain circumstances prove a hair bright depending on the sim and settings that you use. Some amp sims just have a dirty top end, period. This probably doesn't apply to people who run a tube preamp into an IR though. With that said, I do not think my current run IRs are "bright", just open and uncompressed sounding. I have used much brighter IRs from other IR sources. Either way, it never hurts to prepare for a wide range of gear and tastes.

Here is one of my IR packs from way back when I was just getting started making IRs.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8838613/JakeAC5253 - Impulses V2.zip

These IRs are very outdated, and the quality is nothing compared to my current run IRs, but it works to illustrate my point. All of my current run IR packs were done using the Alpha power amp settings from that pack. I've tried many different power amp settings when reamping, but I always end up coming back to what I consider "Alpha" because it just works 95% of the time (with differing preamp settings/boosts/mics of course). The "Vintage" packs will be made using the Beta settings from that pack, which is darker and with more of a focus on the fat lower mids. Taste in tone comes into play here as well. Keep in mind that V2 pack is quite outdated and I no longer care to use them myself since much of my rig and technique has changed since their making, but they are quite popular even today, and I sometimes get happy emails from people who use them. Hey, whatever works :)

Thanks for asking.

Website is up and Vintage IRs are complete! For anyone interested, the site will now be used to announce new IR packs and IR updates (like the Vintage expansion for instance.)

www.FrozenSunAudio.com

Thanks for your continued support, definitely going to use it to keep diversifying the product line to meet even more individual tastes. As mentioned before, new IR packs should be coming soon!

All those examples sounds great. I'm definitely buying one of your packs in the end of thes week. I see prises on your official web page is a bit higher then 20$ :)

Well, actually Fenrir (the Fenris-wolf) wasn't doing (or will be doing) much of anything since he was chained up in Jotunheim for eternity. He might fight the gods during Ragnarök, but that is about the extent of it. Pretty sure he's never been to Norway.

All those examples sounds great. I'm definitely buying one of your packs in the end of thes week. I see prises on your official web page is a bit higher then 20$ :)

Thank you!

The price change came with the Vintage expansion, which essentially doubled the number of perfectly useable (no idle fluff just to boost IR count) IRs in every bundle. Since the bundles with only the Modern IRs were going to happy customers at $20, then by logic the price could have been raised to $40 or even $30 to compensate, but $25 was chosen instead, an increase of only 25% over the bundles with only the Modern IRs included. All customers who bought the Modern-only packs at $20 were updated with the Vintage expansion free of charge.

Actually, the Wolf bit off Tyr's hand in one story, and during Ragnarok he'll devour Odin only to be killed in turn by Odin's avenging son Vidarr.

Thank you!

The price change came with the Vintage expansion, which essentially doubled the number of perfectly useable (no idle fluff just to boost IR count) IRs in every bundle. Since the bundles with only the Modern IRs were going to happy customers at $20, then by logic the price could have been raised to $40 or even $30 to compensate, but $25 was chosen instead, an increase of only 25% over the bundles with only the Modern IRs included. All customers who bought the Modern-only packs at $20 were updated with the Vintage expansion free of charge.

Thanx for explanation! Anyway 25$ is fair price no doubt! Looking forward to buy and post some recordings with it :)