AXE-FX II Various Patch Reamps (Take a Listen)

Found this on the Fractal Audio forum of a dude playing a riff and reamping it with various amps on the new AXE-FX II

http://www.mitchbrody.com/axefx2/ReAmpTest/

His words:

"For the sake of simplicity, all of these are based on the following factory presets:
014 - Recto Orange
017 - Euro Red
020 - Euro Uber
022 - SOLO100 Lead
024 - Friedman HBE
025 - PVH 6160
029 - Energy Ball
032 - Cameron High
033 - Fry D60 More
036 - FAS Modern
037 - Das Metal

The only change I made to each preset was bypassing the delay block, such that each chain consists of 3 blocks: Amp->Cab->Reverb. Even though I'm loving the room reverb built into the new cab block, I'm not using it here. (of these presets, only the Cameron one utilized the cab reverb, so I just dialed it down to zero). This was just meant to be a quick test rather than a scientific comparison, so I certainly wouldn't pass judgement against any particular amp based on these clips as they really weren't tweaked at all and are also utilizing different cabinets and other settings. I probably wouldn't use any of these exactly as-is (I'd at least cut some low end), but I didn't want to get into dialing in each one as that would've led me down a rathole....for another day. On the other hand, this might give you a rough idea of what you can get right out of the box.

The guitar is a beat up Epiphone Les Paul with a Seymour Duncan Dimebucker in the bridge, tuned to drop-C. The playing and slop is to be ignored, or else I'll sick one of my cats on you....the one that likes to piss and puke on things.

I've had the Axe-FX II only about a week now, but will try to get some more clips up for others who may be waiting for a while. If there's anything in particular you want to hear, drop me a line and I'll see what I can do."

Any thoughts?

i have a standard and i can get awesome tones out of it,
it's a matter of RIGHT tweaking and we all know that about 90% of all guitarists know a shit about how to dial in a good sound! :D
listening to these clips i am not impressed also but that's not
enough to judge a piece of gear IMHO.

Oh yeah,you're absolutely right!
Every piece of gear needs its tweaking and I'm sure that in the right hands,the Axe-II will sound beastly,as the first one did.
I've listened to many great clips out of the first one and that's why I have high hopes about the second.
I'm just waiting for the right people to show us the right clips.

sounds like a regression: noisy/smeary (sounds like an amp recorded with an misplaced mic) and not very clear.

I think Axe2 G2 modelling has been released much too early. Sounds like it has not been ready yet.

meh, but then again, it's a bit hard to judge something based on factory presets. They almost never really give a good representation of what kind of tones you can coax from a unit. Someone send a unit to Ola for proper testing!