Axe-FX II Presets by Misha Mansoor and I

Nolly

Apr 24, 2009
Bath, UK
Hi guys,

Misha and I have made some Axe-FX II presets to be shared shortly on Fractal's Axe-Change database, here are some brief demos!

Guitars - Blackmachine B6 and VGS Evertune Soulmaster both with Bare Knuckle Pickups. D'Addario strings
Bass - Dingwall Combustion II. Circle K strings

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know if these patches are using cab ir's (direct to DAW) ?
Nice job anyway, love the bass patch and the bass, it would be nice to hear them in the mix.

you guys both suck hard...

at sounding bad!
Still one of my favorite guitar sound of you is from the Vik 7 string metal video, the basis of that
sound is almost perfect for me.

really nice sounding patches! you just got me interested in the axe fx again. what's your opinion on the evertune bridge? i'm gassing for it so much!

really nice sounding patches! you just got me interested in the axe fx again. what's your opinion on the evertune bridge? i'm gassing for it so much!

The Evertune is cool for rhythm stuff, it certainly does what it is supposed to do! For leads it's a little awkward unless you set the threshold to the point where it basically acts like a regular bridge, but then the string tension feels pretty high. Still, an awesome product, especially for the studio.

Is that the Solo to Megadeth's "Lucretia" im hearing?

It is indeed!

Thanks Nolly. I've been interested to see how you guys dial in your patches, especially where gating is concerned.

Didn't actually expect Misha to use a stereo cab setup, let alone a mic on each cab (given the mic is already 'baked' into the cab on capture).

Question for you - since you created these patches, are they actually the ones you would use on tour/studio? Or were these whipped up at the request of Fractal, closely resembling what you'd use? Additionally, you've used stock cabs for these - is that the case normally, or do you cook your own/use externally sourced IRs?

Cheers.

Those patches are actually genuine patches we've been using recently. You can hear my rhythm patch here for example:

Both Misha and I find that blending cabs is a useful way of creating more unique sounds with the Axe-FX. The mic models are also very good tone-shaping tools and add an extra level of realism, to my ears anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep - heard that already, following you on soundcloud already haha! Great to hear confirmation though. I can definitely hear Misha's 'growl' from his rhythm patch; same goes for yours too.

Out of sheer curiosity, what spurred the sharing of said patches? I've been seeing a number of artists patches go up lately, seems like a great marketing tool for FAS.

I just tried these out and I especially like your rhythm patch Nolly! Misha's rhythm patch wasn't bad but I don't like that middle boost thing he does with the T808 MOD. Going back and forth between your two patches it felt like your patch sounded like a real amp and Misha's had some of that Line6-ish djent thing going on which will probably sound good in a mix in the end but I'd rather not have it. :) Now please teach me how to "purr". :D

Glad you're digging them!

bogchop, Fractal have been asking artists to contribute patches for the Axe-change