AXE-FX patches?

halcyonwayband@aol.com

Guitars - Halcyon Way
Nov 9, 2003
Hey all - I just landed an endorsement with Fractal Audio and will be getting my Axe-FX via UPS next week. The thing sounds absolutely killer, right outta the box! However, does anyone happen to have any patches for heavy rhythm guitar tones other than what can be found on the Fractal forum? Thanks all....

http://www.axechange.net/

Lots of good stuff there. If you're interested I've got a very djenty patch. If you really want it I can send it but I think you might be surprised how easy it is to put together a great sounding patch without too much effort. Just like you'd expect, tubescreamer with drive low into tone high into a recto (I used either Recto 1 or New Recto), into a cab (I've used a few different cabs for metal, the V30, Recto2, South or Metal). That's really it.

Cool, thanks guys! I checked out axechange and it looks like it will be really cool. I'm going to dig into it this week and see what I can come up with. One thing I know is that even with no tweaking it sounds killer, just on the presets.

I'm using the Axe FX since 3 weeks and didn't figure out how that midi think works yet. I'm a modern USB/Firewire guy and need to take some time for this.

But if anyone could write some settings down - that would be great.

The only presets I did so far were simple setups (Amp - Cab - maybe reverb). Works great, cause the FX sounds almost real. But I'm sure there is much more potential for a really fat hi-gain sound.