Axe Fx vs. Pod X3 Pro?

I've worked with Line6 gear for many years, and was really looking forward to the PODx3, but when I tried it the first time, I realized that it's the same software in the X3 as in the five year old XT. That's when i looked after something else, and luckily found the AxeFX. When I tried i t the first time, I had to get a second opinion, just in case I was having a brain seizure so I asked Fredrik Thordendal to try it too. He said "This feels just like the first time I plugged the guitar in the boosted Marshall in the 80's when i was a kid. Damn!" That's what I felt too. IMO, it's not even comparable to any Line6 gear when it comes to playability and sound. No, it's not a "plug and play-immediate gratification" type of gear, but on the other hand, neither are Line6 when the "best tone" tweaks comes to mind. I used several eq's, custom IR's and more eq's to get the sound I wanted from it. I do the same now, but it's all in the AFX.

It's a lot of money, but it's very cheap piece of equipment IMO.

In all honesty, and no disrespect or offense is meant towards the OP...but...I can't believe this question was even asked. The XT/X3 is the same technology, the X3 line just lets you run an extra amp+cab at the same time. Other than that, it's the same modeling technology/software that has been around from Line6 for the past 5 years or something. AxeFX is in a different league IMO from what I've heard so far.

~006

In all honesty, and no disrespect or offense is meant towards the OP...but...I can't believe this question was even asked. The XT/X3 is the same technology, the X3 line just lets you run an extra amp+cab at the same time. Other than that, it's the same modeling technology/software that has been around from Line6 for the past 5 years or something. AxeFX is in a different league IMO from what I've heard so far.

~006

i know what u say but look at that question as if u are someone with let's say X euros in the pocket.
Even if X3 is sharing the same old tech of the XT it comes natural to buy the last version today cuz of the specs u just mentioned, some other things and the price (same price yet, at least here).
If i wanna go digital now my options are these two things believe.

What i really want to know is if that axe-fx is really worth the price considering that the best pod around is for sale at 640€.

Ok so that puts it into a different perspective :)

Basically, I would say if you can afford an AxeFX, you should go for it. I hear nothing but great things about it and I can't really recall a bad audio clip of it that I have heard yet. I really do plan on owning one myself, it's on my list. The PODxt/x3 has old technology and the "signature" POD sound to it, but in the same breathe I can say that I have definitely heard some really great tones from some users, but I've heard some really bad ones as well. I know that can be true for any piece of gear, but like I said I haven't heard a bad AxeFX clip yet so...:). If you were to go for the POD, definitely only consider the X3 simply because it allows you to run two rigs at once basically, that makes a big improvement IMO.

This is all just my opinion though.

~006

Personally I don't really see the appeal of the Axe FX unless you a) play a lot of gigs where you go directly into the PA ONLY or b) use a shit-ton of FX. Otherwise, for someone like me who just uses delay for solos and 'verb for clean, the Axe FX is just a glorified preamp that just digitally simulates tubes rather than actually having them. So that's my perspective, I can't see a reason I'd ever spend the money for one.