Axefx Ultra Video: Vht 2/50/2, Orange 4x12, Rg 2228

bulb

Jan 4, 2007
Hey guys, i finally hooked it up to my cabinet using my buddy Tosin's Vht poweramp, and i have to say i was really blown away, i dont know how well this video will translate what it sounds like in the room, but i figured its better than nothing!

It sounds like nothing i have ever tried before, the distortion is just so musical, especially in the low end, but its also unbelievably tight at the same time, i didnt know that sounds like this were possible. I hate to admit it, but at low volumes it really does seem to be tighter and clearer than the engl...so the real test is in a band situation, and tosin will let me borrow the poweramp for next practice so ill know then, but honestly i think it will sound and feel amazing!

Anyways its direct download only since youtube would only ruin the way it sounds:
http://www.mediafire.com/?udwm0o2mmlm

enjoy!

hmm its working for me, oh well im uploading it to youtube right now, its not going to be quite as defined but hopefully in high quality mode you will get a decent sense of what i was hearing in the room..

I'm sure it doesn't really translate all that good in the vid, but in your clips, the thing just sounds AMAZING.

Fucking badass dude, what a crunch! I like the big ol' CRT chilling in the background as well :) Would you perhaps say that this thing sounds better than tubes? Cuz I can see how even though tubes are really good, any possible drawbacks they might have could be overcome with a powerful enough digital processor, but I'm probably a few decades ahead of myself with that hypothesis!

Fucking badass dude, what a crunch! I like the big ol' CRT chilling in the background as well :) Would you perhaps say that this thing sounds better than tubes? Cuz I can see how even though tubes are really good, any possible drawbacks they might have could be overcome with a powerful enough digital processor, but I'm probably a few decades ahead of myself with that hypothesis!

Well I guess the VHT poweramp still has tubes, so... ;)

Downloading now!

That will take me forever to download here on dialup, so I haven't watched yet.... but have you tried it through the invader's poweramp and tried to compare the axe-fx vs the invader preamp? I figured you would've done that before waiting for the vht from your friend.

its actually the recto new, it seems to have a bit more chunk to it without sacrificing djentiness, so im digging on it at least in this context!

That will take me forever to download here on dialup, so I haven't watched yet.... but have you tried it through the invader's poweramp and tried to compare the axe-fx vs the invader preamp? I figured you would've done that before waiting for the vht from your friend.

i havent tried any of those combinations to be quite honest, but i will soon!
however i can get a really good deal on that poweramp, so even if the engl sounds good, i would just get the vht so i could just bring a rack, cabinet and midi pedalboard to each show!

its actually the recto new, it seems to have a bit more chunk to it without sacrificing djentiness, so im digging on it at least in this context!

Yes, the New Recto is my other go-to amp. I think I blended the FAS and Recto on the "original" clip you heard. With some damp-sag tweaks it gets tight and brutal.

I've never heard of someone being able to speak over a 2/50/2 before, sounds pretty good!