Axl Rose beats out Mercury,Plant,and Dio....

ICEDEARTHFAN

IN MEMORY.....
Sep 24, 2008
Northeast Alabama
I can't believe this is how the world thinks.Axl Rose on a recent Music Radar poll beats Freddie Mercury,Robert Plant,and Ronnie James Dio and 30 others for best frontman of ALL TIME.Are u kidding me??????
I realize it's not solely based on the vocals,but also his on the stage and off the stage presence.I realize what Appetite means to the rock world,but best frontman of all time over the 3 guys above???????

If it's not just based on vocal talent, then my vote goes to Oderus Orungus from GWAR. Dave Brockie has been one of the hardest-working and most entertaining frontmen in the history of rock/metal music.

I'm sort of joking, but I stand by that second sentence wholeheartedly.

If anything, the fact that James LaBrie is placed over Bon Scott, Geddy Lee, Iggy Pop and Morrissey is far more blasphemous if you ask me. And I'm a HUGE DT fan.

That jack nut is below all those guys. No way is he above Dio or Mercury. Nuff said.

I can't believe this is how the world thinks.Axl Rose on a recent Music Radar poll beats Freddie Mercury,Robert Plant,and Ronnie James Dio and 30 others for best frontman of ALL TIME.Are u kidding me??????
I realize it's not solely based on the vocals,but also his on the stage and off the stage presence.I realize what Appetite means to the rock world,but best frontman of all time over the 3 guys above???????

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

you dropped these.

Even more fucking ridiculous is that ROB HALFORD isn't on the list...AT ALL! I say horseshit on the whole fucking thing!

Don't even get me started on that. :lol:

As for Axl, I honestly can't complain too much because he is my second favorite vocalist. I just love the dude's vocals. Then again, I'm a huge GNR fan. However, the list is frontman and with that it's more than just vocals, it's showmanship and while during their heyday he was a good frontman, I would probably say Mercury or Halford was the best at being a frontman.

If anything, the fact that James LaBrie is placed over Bon Scott, Geddy Lee, Iggy Pop and Morrissey is far more blasphemous if you ask me. And I'm a HUGE DT fan.

I like Geddy, but I wouldn't say he'd be on the top of the top. His vocals aren't that diverse and I wouldn't say he's a great showman or anything. Bon Scott though I feel is one of the most underrated frontman period.

As far as this list overall goes though, I don't look too much into these things. These mainstream best of music lists always seem totally screwed up and let's be honest, metal almost always gets the shaft on these things, so I tend to take it with a grain of salt.

Polls like these are popularity contests. All this poll means is, Axl is more popular than Dio among whatever cross-section of the population voted. Seriously... is anyone, who knows anything about music, actually putting stock in a list that ranks Liam Gllagher and Kurt Cobain ahead of Goeff Tate as a singer?

Why is this poll, which clearly means nothing to the metal world, nor does it have any actual value is considered relevant, and even posted here? I don't get it.

Lists like these are published almost every week. The Darkness singer is above Freddie Mercury. The guitarist for Good Charlotte is higher than Vai. There's nothing new about it. Why do people still get so bent out of shape and offended by it?

Why is this poll, which clearly means nothing to the metal world, nor does it have any actual value is considered relevant, and even posted here? I don't get it.

Lists like these are published almost every week. The Darkness singer is above Freddie Mercury. The guitarist for Good Charlotte is higher than Vai. There's nothing new about it. Why do people still get so bent out of shape and offended by it?

Exactly. I don't get why people are bothered by it either.