Axl Rose beats out Mercury,Plant,and Dio....

Polls like these are popularity contests. All this poll means is, Axl is more popular than Dio among whatever cross-section of the population voted. Seriously... is anyone, who knows anything about music, actually putting stock in a list that ranks Liam Gllagher and Kurt Cobain ahead of Goeff Tate as a singer?

I'd honestly put Cobain ahead of Tate just because I feel like on the whole, Nirvana had more great albums than Queensryche. I love Mindcrime and Rage For Order, but that's two great albums vs Nirvana's 3. Since my criterion for a good musician (vocalist or not) is one who can captivate me with his writing/composition, I'd put the singer who's been apart of more albums that I like first. Considering it's also a poll for best frontmen as well, I'd say Cobain would win over Tate as well. So yeah, it's just a matter of different stokes. "knowing anything about music" shouldn't have to be a criterion for having an opinion. :D

Why is this poll, which clearly means nothing to the metal world, nor does it have any actual value is considered relevant, and even posted here? I don't get it.

Lists like these are published almost every week. The Darkness singer is above Freddie Mercury. The guitarist for Good Charlotte is higher than Vai. There's nothing new about it. Why do people still get so bent out of shape and offended by it?

Because there are no more new episodes of Walking Dead for me to watch,so I need to complain about something.

I like Geddy, but I wouldn't say he'd be on the top of the top. His vocals aren't that diverse and I wouldn't say he's a great showman or anything. Bon Scott though I feel is one of the most underrated frontman period.

Fair enough on your end. I disagree, an feel that for the style of music Rush played, he was an excellent frontman. Yeah Rush's early years (great nontheless) were full of Zeppelin worship and I've heard alot of arguments that Geddy is just an emaciated Robert Plant (ha ha). But I feel as though his vocals were extremely unique, and once more, he does an excellent job in captivating audiences live. LaBrie on the other hand -- and I say this as a big DT fan having, been to DVD tapings, owning everything up until the last 2 albums (which I hate) on physical CD, including bootlegs, DVDs, etc -- is a shitty frontman. Great singer, but he does nothing to move the crowd. In fact, I'd argue that MP was DT's real frontman.

What kind of front man list does not have David Lee Roth on it? If we are talking about best vocalists, then I can see him not making a list but as a front man, he has to at least get a mention. I saw VH on the Diver Down tour and I saw GNR and DLR was way better than Axl.

But like Zod said, these lists can't be taken seriously.

Allow me to rephrase. I hold that those who voted "know" as much about music as anyone who posts here regardless of how much literal knowledge they possess on the existence of lesser-known artists and also regardless of music theory knowledge as well.

Allow me to rephrase. I hold that those who voted "know" as much about music as anyone who posts here regardless of how much literal knowledge they possess on the existence of lesser-known artists and also regardless of music theory knowledge as well.
So to clarify, the way you view it, a person who has only heard a single song, knows as much about music as someone who's heard tens of thousands?

Fair enough on your end. I disagree, an feel that for the style of music Rush played, he was an excellent frontman. Yeah Rush's early years (great nontheless) were full of Zeppelin worship and I've heard alot of arguments that Geddy is just an emaciated Robert Plant (ha ha). But I feel as though his vocals were extremely unique, and once more, he does an excellent job in captivating audiences live. LaBrie on the other hand -- and I say this as a big DT fan having, been to DVD tapings, owning everything up until the last 2 albums (which I hate) on physical CD, including bootlegs, DVDs, etc -- is a shitty frontman. Great singer, but he does nothing to move the crowd. In fact, I'd argue that MP was DT's real frontman.

See, I agree with that. He fits Rush perfectly for the type of band they are, but to say he's one of the best singers and frontmen I just can't put him in that discussion. I love Rush don't get me wrong, but I think to be in the list of best singers and frontmen you have to prove that you are a great singer and showman -- not to mention charismatic. While he does well on some of those, the overall rating is less than a lot of others I would put higher.

As for Labrie, I think the problem is that before he was a bad frontman in terms of getting the audience riled up. And now, he's done the opposite where it seems he's trying way too damn hard to get the audience into it. To his defense though, you gotta admit it's hard to be a good frontman to DT when there are large instrumental passages. And you're right, MP was more the frontman than he was.