Ayreon "01011001"

01011001 is "B2" from Binary to hex... Hmm.... can't find anything that makes sense.

If you split up the numbers into two sets of four digits then it is 0101 and 1001, which are 9 and 17 if it is binary. There are 9 musicians and seventeen vocalists on the new release. That is the answer my friends.

Bryant

01011001 is "B2" from Binary to hex... Hmm.... can't find anything that makes sense.

If you split up the numbers into two sets of four digits then it is 0101 and 1001, which are 9 and 17 if it is binary. There are 9 musicians and seventeen vocalists on the new release. That is the answer my friends.

Bryant

I'll buy that. Best answer so far.

From Wikipedia:
"01011001" is, in binary code, the letter 'Y'. 01011001's plot is tied to the "Planet Y" and "Forever of the Stars" storyline developed in the albums since 1998's Into the Electric Castle and Flight of the Migrator.

So I guess it's called "Y". That doesn't help you explain it to anybody easier though.:lol: I am looking forward to this quite a bit. Universal Migrator is my favorite from Ayreon. Should be killer.:headbang:

From Wikipedia:
"01011001" is, in binary code, the letter 'Y'. 01011001's plot is tied to the "Planet Y" and "Forever of the Stars" storyline developed in the albums since 1998's Into the Electric Castle and Flight of the Migrator.

So I guess it's called "Y". That doesn't help you explain it to anybody easier though.:lol: I am looking forward to this quite a bit. Universal Migrator is my favorite from Ayreon. Should be killer.:headbang:

Bryant

Y 9-17, whatever the meaning it's already on my wish list :saint:.

By the way it has to be connected to the universal migrator saga since the songs 2085 and to the planet of red (Mars) are tied to the history in which the last man on Mars realls Earth's demise in 2084 and then in "Flight Of The Migrator" goes to the planet of blue (Earth). Besides the album cover is much in the vein of the ones of those albums so...

Oh and 'Spirit In The Wind' has to be related to 'Carried By the Wind' how "The Final Experiment" tried to get the message of Earth's destruction to Ayreon in the dark ages.

I keep wetting my pants :worship:

Bryant

Look at the big brain on Bryant. Impressive view there. I have no idea how binary works though. For all I know you could be making that up. You sound like you know what you're saying though.

I have no idea how binary works though.

It's all combinations of 1 and 0. The whole computer existence is based on the I/O or on/off if you prefer where 1 is on and 0 is off. That's why binary code is the base for programming.

So 1 dec = 1 bin, 10 dec = 1010 bin, 100 dec = 1100100 bin, 64 dec = 1000000 bin, etc.

Pretty simple if you're an android :lol:

NP: Icarus Witch - 'Queen Of Lies'

Ha ha ha I wouldn't call it a big brain. It was more like required learning for my career field. Part of learning the industrial electronics field is a basic knowledge of binary, hexadecimal and octal. I rarely use it mind you, but it's really not that difficult to convert those to decimal, especially with a converter on the internet that saves you the math.

Bryant

Look at the big brain on Bryant. Impressive view there. I have no idea how binary works though. For all I know you could be making that up. You sound like you know what you're saying though.

I donwloaded the album yesterday and just with the first song (10:47) I got hooked, there's a mesmerizing chant 01011001 that give me the goosebumps.

Extremely progressive, Jorn sounds great on 'Comatose', I can't wait for January!

One song uploaded on Arjen's Myspace, sounds great! Once again I was reminded what a monster vocalist Jorn Lande can be when coupled with a good songwriter, his solo stuff just doesn't cut it for me but this is the shit!:kickass:

Guess I'll have to buy the super-duper-edition while they're available, got the Human Equation one and it is very nice (the album is still terribly uninteresting, sorry guys...).

Although I love The Human Equation I feel it was terribly over rated when compared to Into the Electric Castle though. ItEC give me goosebumps much more than THE.

I'm an avid music downloader & I've cut down a lot & started buying more, but it's a habit I'm trying nearly break, unless with some stuff. I refuse to pirate this leak, I will be waiting for the super-duper-deluxe-god like-secret-special edition with cool DVD to come out myself.

I like THE better than this one so far, although this one reminds me both THE and ITEC by moments. In anycase I'm also going for the special edition.

Just had a first listen and my first impression is too THE is a bit better, but it will take lots of spins to get into, and at first listen sounds like a very good album again ...

i have been waiting for it! but im sad coz iam a poor motherfucker who dont have enough money to pre-order the special edition :cry: