Azrael- Into Shadows Act II : Through Horned Shadows Glimpse

Oblivious Maximus

I am the worm
Nov 5, 2003
Serving time in the middle of nowhere
In an attempt to get this thread back to general music discussion, I thought I would start a thread about this great album and band. Azrael are a great avantgarde black metal band. Their songs are long, but they never get boring. A truley innovative, and unfourtinatly underrated band. Into Shadows-Act I was incredible, but this one surpasses it by far. Anybody else a fan of this band or hear this album?

I like this a lot better than the first act, but of course the first one is still great.

I wish they would get a real drummer.

"Obdurate" is also great, but very painful (physically) to listen to.

Oh yeah, I read in an interview they may eventually go totally acoustic.

HannibalGuy said:
Kind of. They did about 3 of them. Some they just started randomly playing in the middle of a song. It seemed like they were improvised. They are great live.

Ah, I see.

Do they use a real drummer live?

HannibalGuy said:
Yes, they use a real drummer live. His name is Tharengraff.

Oh, him. His photo is on the back of "Obdurate" but then under his name it says "Doesn't appear on this release."

I'm actually quite surprised to hear they're good live, it doesn't seem to me that their style of BM would fit in a concert setting.

I haven't heard much, but what I've heard was interesting. I'll download the new album. Although some bands are a tad generic, Moribund has one of the best rosters in metal right now, and I don't expect them to dissapoint me.

Caelum Adustum said:
Oh, him. His photo is on the back of "Obdurate" but then under his name it says "Doesn't appear on this release."

I'm actually quite surprised to hear they're good live, it doesn't seem to me that their style of BM would fit in a concert setting.

He left after "Obudrate", but then came back when they started doing live shows to promote Act II.

They are quite good live. The only annoyence is that they have a fog machine blasting so much, you can barley see them.