Discovering and appreciating new music

Henrik Main

Hello
Aug 10, 2002
Norway
Visit site
OK; so I created this thread mainly to pay homage :)p) and show my appreciation of the recommendations I've gotten from the RC crew. I decided to check out a bunch of new bands, like Xanthur, Leviathan and Azrael, and give band I've previously written off (like Nokturnal Mortum) another chance because of the constant raving about those acts on this here forum. This has been my playlist as of the last couple of days:

Nokturnal Mortum - Lunar Poetry (Absolutely brilliant)
Graveland - Carpathian Wolves, Thousand Swords
Leviathan - Tentacles Of Whorror
Xasthur - Telepathic With The Deceased
Nehemah - Shadows From The Past
Drudkh - Autumn Aurora
Azrael - Into Shadows Act II

How are your current playlists? I'm eager to check out even more new stuff, so make lists, long lists! :tickled:

I'm currently listening to:

Primordial - Spirit the Earth Aflame
Hammers of Misfortune - The Bastard
Megadeth - The System has Failed
Katatonia - Brave Murder Day
Empyrium - Where at Night the Woodgrouse plays
Summoning - Minas Morgul

Yeah my wallet has taken quite a beating since I stumbled on this forum early last year. But at least I get paid the big bucks for writing for RC now! :tickled:

Much of my current playlist is probably boring, unless you like TEH BEST STONERZ EVAR!!1111111

Kyuss - Welcome to Sky Valley
Kyuss - ...And the Circus Leaves Town
Queens of the Stone Age - Rated R
Monster Magnet - Dopes to Infinity
Sunn 0))) - White2
Meshuggah - Destroy Erase Improve
The Meat Puppets - II
Swans - Love of Life

and of course:

Hammers of Misfortune - The August Engine

My playlist varies

Cadaver -...In Pains
Miasma - Changes
Demigod - Slumber of Sullen Eyes
Dismember - Like an Everflowing Stream
Massacra - Final Holocaust
Intestine Baalism - An Anatomy of The Beast
Pestilence - Testimony of The Ancients
The Chasm - Deathcult For Eternity: The Triumph

My playlists are so erratic I never even have one. Closest I can compile was a selection from the other night:

Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
Death Angel - The Ultra-Violence
Kristallnacht - Of Elitism & War
Wolfnacht - Night Of The Werewolf

All of these had had semi-regular playings over the last few months, inamongst a bunch of other random things. As far as discovering new stuff goes, I can't even remember the last new band I discovered, let alone a new form of music...

EDIT: Tell a lie. Last new band was Agares, which is appropriate as the last new style of music I got into was NSBM last summer

NAD said:
Much of my current playlist is probably boring, unless you like TEH BEST STONERZ EVAR!!1111111
I have a promo for you. The band is YOB and the album is Catharsis. It's psychadelic stoner acid trip doom. You will like it!!

:cool: I can't get enough stoner right now, it's been over 100 degrees here for two weeks.

JayKeeley said:
I have a promo for you. The band is YOB and the album is Catharsis. It's psychadelic stoner acid trip doom. You will like it!!

That is a fucking magnificent album once you get past the clean, high-pitched vocal parts and learn to really appreciate them and enjoy as well.

Current Playlist:

Secrets of The Moon - Carved in Stigmata Wounds
Agalloch - The Mantle
Hammers of Misfortune - The August Engine
Deathspell Omega - Si Monumentum Requires Circumspice
Bergthron - Faust Fur Faust
Dolorian - When All Laughter Has Gone
Neurosis - A Sun That Never Sets
Lykathea Aflame - Elvenfris
Negura Bunget - Maiastru Sfetnic
Nortt - Gudsforladt

That's as close to a playlist that I have lately.

*Edit: I cannot forget about Drudkh - Autumn Aurora which has been on steady rotation for the past six months!

I too have had Autumn Aurora on circulation for a while, but since henrikmain (aka spaffe :loco: ) already had it in his list, I thought it rather redundant.

There needs to be a Sanity Test so everyone that's ever posted on RC can fail and show it off to their parents.