B-52 AT100 head. Are these as bad ass as everyone says?

The guitarist in my old band had one. It sounded okay, but I thought it was too "flubby" for high-gain metal (maybe a tubescreamer would tighten it up though?). That amp ran hot as hell too, and I've heard a lot of stories of them overheating.

I have one, it is my loaner amp for when I am repairing an amp.

It is pretty versatile and maybe a little flubby as mentioned earlier, but I find rectifiers to be the same without a TS.

I don't think they sound amazing stock, but they definitely crush most amps in their price range without a doubt. But it is definitely good enough that people often don't want to return it.

The company is also really really cool about helping with repairs and giving out schematics and such. So no problems there.

However I do have some issues with their design. The amp is a bear to work on. At least everything is clipped (unlike Mesa) but there are a lot of jumpers to deal with. I think the components on the power supply section are too close together causing overheating of the caps. But usually the first repair will take care of that with higher temp caps and placing them with a bit more room. Later designs I think took care of this problem.

The one I got was biased pretty hot (used, so who knows), so you HAVE to rebias to keep things sane. It isn't like most tube amps that bias super cold.

I put JJ's and TungSols in mine and that definitely opened it up. I would be pretty happy if it was my only amp. But it just doesn't have as much character as my ENGL, and Mesa's, if that makes sense. It does hold its own though.

I have one and it's the only tube amp I've ever owned. Bought it used and I thought it sounded great. Then I bought some new tubes for it (JJ High Gain set) from eurotubes and it made it alot better. Had it about 5 years now. I constantly played shows with it the first 3 years and never had a problem. A friend of mine has a roadking and comparing the two I honestly thought they both sounded awesome side by side. It is definitely a great value. Currently out of commission right now, one of the power tubes is fucked so i can't whip up any clips. Go check one out if you can, but know that a good quality tube set will make all the difference.

I own one, i really like it, can´t say anything bad about it, with the right treatment (tube change, bias adjusting etc.) you can put it together with the big ones, it is also well known that this amp was designed by Egnater. of course it isn´t as good as a mesa or an engl, but isn´t too far away either.

I bought one of these for $160 because the dude thought it was busted. I replaced two 12ax7's a year or so ago and have gigged it ever since. For a cheap amp, it's pretty damn good. Has two different modes for the dirty channel. 1 is more marshally, 2 is more scooped whatever. I typically use 1 as it seems to have more mid shit. I don't have any clips of this yet, but I do need to put some on youtube one day.

Supposedly, it's suggested to only run it on the solid state rectifier mode for stability, so that's what I do. I haven't had to crack it open and work on it other than replace a broken fuse holder that was there when i bought it. I actually played it with the broken fuse holder until earlier this month. lol.

I used to keep an eye out for those Madison Divinity amps, but after getting the AT-100, I noticed that the Madison's control panel is the same - they seem to be the same amp. There was a post with a dude's track using the Madison years ago and it was pretty rad.

LOL, this is the only thread where I've read more positive than negative about these amps.

I've heard a few in person and I've always been vastly underwhelmed. And the 2 or 3 people I know/knew that had them, 2 of them have blown/overheated and no longer work. the other guy sold it because it sounded like ass.

My B52 just got broken yesterday. Used it for almost 6 years (and yeah it was bought second hand). So maybe my opinion will be old by now, but this amplifier rocks, especially with Ibanez guitar