Back Through Time

painjoiker

Sep 5, 2008
What do you guys think of the song "Shipwrecked" and what else do you wish about this album?
Discuss!

What do you guys think of the song "Shipwrecked" and what else do you wish about this album?
Discuss!

REALLY like it! It sounds like Keelhauled, Nancy the Tavern Wench and Captain Morgan's Revenge. It is metal that I love and sounds like a pirate tune! Cannot wait for the full album!

Metal and piratey as hell, what more could one possibly want (apart from some wenches and mead :p)?!

People on last.fm have been complaining that it's quite typical Alestorm, but I have no problem with that. I mean, they're Alestorm, right. This is their sound. So what else do I "wish from this album": new material of the good ol' awesome Alestorm sound.

I love it, it's a really great sounding tune and it just sounds like it'll be awesome live

About the tour... Is there going to be a date for Denver, because I was told it was going to be the 18th, but that wasn't on the website.

Also Chris do you still write your stuff in GP? Any chance of Back Through Time tabs?

https://rapidshare.com/#!download|883tl2|3956592517|Alestorm_-_Back_Through_Time_-_Guitar_Tab_Collection.zip|56|R~118567EB1C83D9C2C4656B94D9336AEE

Bam.

About the tour... Is there going to be a date for Denver, because I was told it was going to be the 18th, but that wasn't on the website.

If its not on an official website, never believe it. I remeber this one super fat dude (ya'll know who I'm sayin) always coming up to me "Hey man! U like Alestorm, They're so coming here, in like 5 months, They'll be HERE!"...

then I'd ask chris a few hours later and "lol no..."

Great album. Love it!

It sounds and plays like previous Alestorm albums so what could you possible complain about? It is interesting to read reviews because if you go a totally new direction you will be getting away from your roots/fans. If you model your new album after your current albums you are not experimenting enough and it sounds the same...

Well sign me up for more of the same!

The only thing I am disappointed in is that in my opinion the best song of the album is Death Throes and it appears from the beginning of the tour this song is not being played live... REALLY wanted to hear that live. The chorus is amazing. Hope that changes for the North America portion!