Background lyrics for Harvest?

Defrayer

New Metal Member
Feb 1, 2006
I'm apologizing in advance if this has been asked and answered before, but what does Akerfeldt sing in the last chorus of Harvest, after "Drained by the coldest caress, stalking shadows ahead". "Release your *something something something*". Help me out a bit :D

...grip let me go into the night
...that's what I heard after many listens.

...not sure about "grip"

anybody know the lyrics for Into the Frost of Winter and Eternal Soul Torture?

Oh yeah, thanks man! That was fast :worship:

If someone else has their "opinions" about those lyrics, bring them on.

For a while there I thought it was Relive your dreams :p then I saw that post and realise it is indeed, Release your grip.

Yeah, its hard to tell, its kind of like "Release your....." and kind of fades down and you can't make it out, same with Per on Lamentations.

Yoda said:
Yeah, its hard to tell, its kind of like "Release your....." and kind of fades down and you can't make it out, same with Per on Lamentations.

Per didn't sing that part. He just stoped with that "err...should I start headbanging ferociously now?" look on his face. :D

I asked about this a while back since we were planning the cover, and asked if the Dark Lyrics version was right, and I assume it is since nobody knew any better then, and it does sound right as everyone has been saying...

From the man himself. I think he's right :)

Thanks for clearing that up Mike. See you at the two Melbourne gigs :D

Hey seeing as Opeth are big on naming their songs/albums in honour of past songs and albums (masters apprentices, nectar etc) you think Harvest is maybe named after Neil Young's famed album?

Haha, if it was named after the neil young album i would be more than shocked. Calling that song anything besides harvest wouldn't fit in my mind. It's the perfect name for the song. WHenever i hear it i think of october, leaves falling, harvest time. It's perfect in every way (as is the song).