Bad News For Nightwish...

proulxski

Welcome To Kanata Eh!
THE RELEASE OF THE NEW DVD IS IN DANGER TO BE POSTPONED!
According to Finnish tabloid “Iltalehti” (3.2.06) the release of the “End Of An Era” –liveDVD is in danger to be postponed due to some unexpected problems in contracts. Riku Pääkkönen, the chief executive of Spin-Farm tells that Tarja’s manager Marcelo Cabuli is demanding the Spin-Farm -company, Nightwish as a band and the management staff to sign a contract that no one of them is allowed to say anything about Tarja or Marcelo, or anything related to them, without written permission from Marcelo. This kind of contract would practically prevent the publishing of the Nightwish –book this spring as well. “We really found the proposal to be strange and soon realized that this kind of a paper cannot be signed. You can’t make contracts like this” says Riku Pääkkönen in Iltalehti arcticle. There would be a 250 000 Euros fine for breaking the contract.
The concert in Hartwall-Arena is about to be released as a DVD and as a live-album. To do that the agreement from all the parties is needed and because of this unfortunate mess it seems hard to get one member to sign.

In worst case Finnish fans will have to order their copy of the DVD from outside the Scandinavia.

Am I the only one who seems to think this is greatly gay? The trouble between Tarja and the rest of the band shouldn't postponed a DVD... I don't see Nightwish being Nightwish without her, but everything i've read in the past little while makes me want to hit her in the face with a shuvel full of cow shit!

marcelo's doing, I dont think tarja would be that big a b#tch, personally I think he is a total c@*t (marcelo)

whether it was Tarja's, Marcelos or God's...it = bad news for Nightwish and the fans :(

I dunno who's doing it is... But what we've heard from Tuomas it appears to be on the Tarja side. I still am trying to find out how somone who does not like Metal, and doesn't like what they're doing...Can continue to do live shows and SEVERAL studio albums.

This is where Symphony X fans (such as myself) bring in Rod Tyler... The differince is Rod Tyler wasn't a jack-ass, and wasn't afraid to do what he really wanted to do (which wasn't singing for Symphony X apparently!)

This is unfortunate for us, the fans. However, I really don't understand the problem. Why should the rest of Nightwish release a DVD of the whole unbroken band, but bash one of the members who isn't part of the band anymore?

Why can't they simply release a live DVD without the drama?

proulxski said:
03.02.2006In worst case Finnish fans will have to order their copy of the DVD from outside the Scandinavia.

I don't see Nightwish being Nightwish without her, but everything i've read in the past little while makes me want to hit her in the face with a shuvel full of cow shit!

Well considering that Tarja wrote virutally NOTHING, and Tuomas wrote pretty much EVERTYTHING, I see Nightwish having continued success without her.

I do love Tarja's voice, but she is not irreplaceable. There is plenty of talent out there and I am confident that Nightwish will find a more than suitable replacement.

In regards to the DVD delay, the statement seems to indicate that it may only effect people in Finland/Scandanavia. Hopefully there wont be a US delay.

On behalf of my country, we apologize for this bad apple named Marcelo Cabuli. He was, and still is, the main reason why Tarja became so egotistical.

Of course Tarja didn't like to be kicked out of the band like that, but acting like this is affecting her home fans, who will surely really hate her now after this. This was made out of spite, so that the rest of Nightwish wouldn't earn that much money.

From what I heard, Tarja agreed to the DVD, Book and CD - however Marcelo did not. So what Tuomas said in the letter was quite true. Marcelo is not a good manager

agreed... and when Is aid I don't see Nightwish without tarja its just... she was the front man (or woman in this case) and all though I'm sure they can find a suitable figure to replace her, maybe even better... She was still the Nightwish Chick...

Lets hope she is able to move on in life witha happy succesful career, and same should go for Nightwish as a band... So lets hope the Nightwish book and DVD are not canceled/posponed!~

I could honestly care less about Mrs.Turnenenenen or however you spell it. Her singing wasn't the reason why I listened to that band. She was just a pretty face with a good voice. I am sure Tuomas and the rest of Nightwish will have no problems finding a replacement and will continue to put out some good tunes.

This just goes to show you what happens when you let your ego get out of control. You even stab your own friends in the back for success.

Oh yeah and her husband is a big douchebag.

proulxski said:
This is where Symphony X fans (such as myself) bring in Rod Tyler... The differince is Rod Tyler wasn't a jack-ass, and wasn't afraid to do what he really wanted to do (which wasn't singing for Symphony X apparently!)

Yeah, really. You don't see Rod being a jerk about the fact that the band redid one of the songs he sang on, on The Odyssey--or about the fact that the line "For whom the gods destroy they first make mad" shows up on another post-Tyler album. Evidence of a WAY different attitude, if you ask me.

This whole situation reminds me of some lyrics by Pink Floyd...go here and look at the lyrics to "Dogs": http://www.angelfire.com/home/FloydWaters/albums/animals.html