Nightwish-Dark Passion Play

Thats probably true. Bands that are highly rated, are for a reason. Because many people like them. This particular band I cant make a connection with, so far. They play nothing I need to hear, nothing that is not more to my likeing from other bands.

Saying that something is overrated can actually be a matter of both subectivity and objectivity.

Objectively, it would apply to statements like "Jimi Hendrix isn't really the most talented guitar player ever." is actually objective in a sense, because on a Technical aspect, there are MANY guitar players nowadays who can play things that Hendrix can't dream of playing. If he saw Alan Holdsworth play, he'd probably shit bricks, because Alan Holdsworth is just fucking ridiculous. Same goes with Ringo Starr and Terry Bozzio. (Or anyone and Terry Bozzio really. Terry Bozzio is too good at drums.) On a technical aspect, you really can't argue something like that. Alot of people say that Hendrix is the most talented guitarist ever yet there are in fact better players than him, so therefore, he's overrated.

The Subjective argument was already made. I'm too tired to repeat it.

The example of people saying Hendrix is the most talented is because people are ignorant as to whats going on. However, the statement of people saying Hendrix is the most talented might be ignorant in itself because I have not really heard anyone say Hendrix is the most talented. Hendrix has commonly been refered to as the best guitar player of all time, which is a misleading statement due to being a blanket statement. There are many things that could make someone the best and level of skill becomes less relevent. So whos the best becomes highly subjective and highly overrated. Now if someone were to think rationally and say Hendrix is the most important guitar player in the world of electric rock guitar and its derivatives... they may have made a valid statement. However, there is a handful of other most important guitar players in this field that could make the most important statement subjective. Argueing the point of who was most important would be highly overrated, because we all know that in a tied bid reward goes to the first bidder.

All this has been far more interesting than any song I have heard by Nightwish

The example of people saying Hendrix is the most talented is because people are ignorant as to whats going on. However, the statement of people saying Hendrix is the most talented might be ignorant in itself because I have not really heard anyone say Hendrix is the most talented. Hendrix has commonly been refered to as the best guitar player of all time, which is a misleading statement due to being a blanket statement. There are many things that could make someone the best and level of skill becomes less relevent. So whos the best becomes highly subjective and highly overrated. Now if someone were to think rationally and say Hendrix is the most important guitar player in the world of electric rock guitar and its derivatives... they may have made a valid statement. However, there is a handful of other most important guitar players in this field that could make the most important statement subjective. Argueing the point of who was most important would be highly overrated, because we all know that in a tied bid reward goes to the first bidder.

All this has been far more interesting than any song I have heard by Nightwish
You've really never heard anybody say that he's the most talented guitarist to ever live? If that's the case, then can you tell me how much houses cost where you live in the World State? I'm sure Aldous Huxley definitely said somethingin Brave New World about everybody being not only doped up on Soma, but also being progsnobs who apparently know everything about every place in the world. ¬¬

I was just following through and adding a twist to your example. Had nothing to do with you, just a joke I feel about subjectivity and improper use of words some people use in descriptions. But, no as I said "I never really heard anyone say Hendrix is most talented".