Band/Fan Interaction

nailz

Nov 11, 2002
San Francisco
Visit site
Ok. As some of you know, I run Intromental's Social Network stuff in my free time. An idea hit me a few days ago that I thought would be very cool to do, I'm just wondering if there would be sufficient interest.

I'd like to propose to our bands a video Q and A youtube channel. We could, every week, take questions from fans, say, 10, and have one or more band member answer them via video camera.

Is this something the community would be interested in?

Pretty good idea.. Though, one thing you should do up front, is set some standards about the video type and quality and maybe file size...

I used to be an amateur video editor, so these things are things I'm familiar with.

My first concern is finding out if there's actually an interest in it, and then secondly which bands would be up to participate.

I am certainly not going to put an ornate amount of effort into this if it's not going to be an interest to a wide variety of people.

nailz, I am filling the same role for Ulterium Records/Inner Wound Recordings. Interesting idea. I'd be interested in trading tips and ideas with you. I sent you an e-mail (it said you don't accept PMs).

Nailz, FYI, I just realized the e-mail account I had tied to my UM account is a spam account where real stuff gets lost amid the spam. If you replied, I didn't see it. I now have UM hooked up to my main e-mail address, so I'll get any response. I have a YouTube question I'm dying to ask you...