ProgPower USA Merchandise

FatesFan

Dec 18, 2004
Glenn and I are looking at giving you the ProgPower fan more merchandising options in the future starting with PPX.

The intent of this post is to put some feelers out there to see if there is any interest in additional merchandising and if so to discuss what types of items may be of interest.

Some of the items we have briefly discussed are:

Koozies

Pint Glasses ( The concern here would be would you be willing to carry glass items at ProgPower)

Bottle Openers

Stickers

etc.

I have even thought about offering Limited Edition premium items throughout the year like PPUSA Zippo lighters or PPUSA sandstone beverage coasters. These types of items would be a very limited run. Would there be an interest here for these types of items?

I know there is a small community here on the forum that doesn't begin to represent the total number of folks that attend PP but there is obviously a core audience here and your input and thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

So what are your thoughts?

Would you be interested in more merchandising options?

What type of items would you like to see?

Would you be interested in limited edition PPUSA premium merchandise offered either at the show or would you even be interested in being able to get limited edition PPUSA premium merchandise throughout the year?

Thanks in advance for any and all input and feedback.

Robert
Pinnacle Print Management

I like the sound of beer glasses, koozies, really a lot of what you mentioned but wouldnt want to carry it around so being able to buy it year round online would be better. I know I would buy a lot of different merchandise with the PPUSA logo on it

Koozies I wouldnt buy but that just because I drink my beer fast enough that a koozie isnt necessary :p. The other items I would get like pint glasses and sandstone coasters. I would just take my shit back to the room so I wouldnt have to carry it around.

At the show is cool, or online. Either way.

I'd be interested in pint glasses. And the bottle opener. I bring one every year so it might as well be a PP one. :) And I'd prolly throw a sticker on my car window depending on size, etc. Koozies are a must...winter and summer.

Couple of years back, Glenn had the PP lanyards made up. I use mine all year round for my badge at work. More of those might be a thought.

At the show is cool, or online. Either way.

I'd be interested in pint glasses. And the bottle opener. I bring one every year so it might as well be a PP one. :) And I'd prolly throw a sticker on my car window depending on size, etc. Koozies are a must...winter and summer.

Couple of years back, Glenn had the PP lanyards made up. I use mine all year round for my badge at work. More of those might be a thought.

Yay, lanyards. My idea originally (on the first PP DVD)...then Glenn made them later, having forgotten all about it. :heh: I used my lanyard at Dragon*Con, and more of them would be a great idea.

Not tooo big on coozies etc., but I'd definitely put stickers in various places depending on the quality (outdoor/vinyl or not).

How 'bout an eco-friendly PPUSA cloth bag to put stuff in? (Or whatever those bags are made out of.....)

Even though I'm not a drinker, I think beer glasses would go over very well. More or less to keep as a collector's item. I actually like the idea of baseball caps, but they have to be the cool, modern ones. In other words, not look like something Bill Dance would wear on his fishing show! :lol: I like the idea of car, window decals as well.

You know you have my support bro come what may! :kickass:

~Brian~

How about a "Glenn Action Doll"? :)))

Perfect. I like this idea. :kickass:

Seriously, I don't think I'd be interested in PPUSA merch for a number of reasons:

1. The festival is cool enough. It doesn't need any "stuff."

2. The memories from PPUSA are from the friends and the bands. It would be hard to replicate the cool vibes and great memories from seeing/wearing/having PPUSA stuff.

3. My home is cluttered already. I have ball caps up the wazoo that I don't wear. Ditto for t-shirts. And, like another poster wrote, my beer doesn't last long enough to be set down. And it certainly doesn't get warm.

4. As reasonably priced as PPUSA is, for those of us who travel by plane or in an extended road trip, the total cost is enormous, often in excess of $1,000. The money I spend at PPUSA is spent on beer, CDs, and food. I'm not sure how much more I could spend on additional merch.

5. PPUSA could always use more sources of revenue. The entire fest is so professionally run and managed that I think those involved should be given raises. So, on that hand, selling PPUSA merch would probably help a bit. However, on the other hand, the additional logistics of working with outside vendors -- dealing with material costs, supplies, shipping -- could give someone (or many someones) a headache.

Bottom line, although the ProgPower USA brand is the coolest around I'm not sure diversifying beyond providing a killer metal fest is such a good idea. I already have too much stuff. My wife is constantly urging me to give it away to Goodwill. The most I could buy without having her kick my ass is a PPUSA ball cap. I wear one daily, anyway. It might as well be a PPUSA one.

Just my two cents worth.

Bill

Money is hard to come by for the "common man" these days.I would stand a chance of being able to buy something that is sold every day a lot easier than only having one shot at it at the ProgPower event itself.As one or two people have already mentioned.The price of the tickets+gas/airfare+hotel+the merchandise already offered(cd's,shirts,DVD's) makes it very hard for me to be able to buy anything else.It's not that I'm against more merchandise,I'm just saying personally I doubt I would be able to purchase it at the event itself.

The limited run items you suggested like the Zippos and Sandstone Coasters are a good idea, cuz there will that certain percentage of the PPUSA population that will spring for those..and when they're gone...they're gone.

Other decent ideas (imo) are the koozies (I still have and use my Stride koozies that I acquired at the IV pre-party), caps (I'd buy one), general PPUSA logo shirts.

Pint glasses are a good idea, but the glass issue is a bit of a pain. Maybe a PPUSA insulated plastic tumbler. Sounds dorky, I know, but how many of the faithful here would bust one out at your next rowdy rockin' backyard BBQ? Safer too at the festival and for the trip home. It's a bit off-the-wall, but it would have a bit wider of an appeal, I think. Less breakage, more satisfied customers...plus you could make it one of those limited-run items if the initial cost seems a bit risky.

Just my $0.02...all good ideas here...

Rock on!

I'd like to see ball caps with the ProgPower USA logo on the front. Lanyards would also be a plus.

I'd also like to see a T-shirt with a generic ProgPower USA logo (not associated with any particular year's event).

I like SkiBumMSP's suggestion for the USB thumb drive as well :)

I also like the baseball hat & lanyard idea. Would definitely buy one of each - but as another poster said - hats must be cool and not "trucker hats."

Other items that might be useful:

1. PPUSA backpack/Camelback combo for toting purchases & some water/energy bars. Must have a scabbard attachment/loop for the optional plastic sword (you can thank me later, Justin & William)
2. (Related to #1) PPUSA Depends(R) undergarments so I don't have to give up my spot on the rail all day.
3. Official PPUSA "This seat is reserved, beeyotch!" towels for all the people who need to save seats that they will never sit in.

I would like to see stickers and event prints or posters, using the lineup images from the shirts and website designs.

Bill

Bill's the fuckin' man! POSTERS!!!! You already have the art from the t-shirts, just slap it on a poster. And they would act as another cool thing to get signed by bands.

And definitely stickers or decals.

Not a big fan of the glassware idea..sold at the show, people would have to worry about getting them home intact, & selling them online makes for pretty steep shipping costs due to the amount of protective packaging involved (we learned that one the hard way with the SymX coffee cups).

Love the bag idea, since people are always clamoring for something to carry their cd hauls in.