ProgPower USA Merchandise

Then again, since Rob is the one asking about our preferences for PP items, my guess is that Pinnacle Print Management is probably going to be handling the production of these items, and possibly even the distribution if it's done online.

That's the idea. :)

Right now I think we are looking at offerings at the festival first and foremost. The branded stuff throughout the year thing will be secondary and down the road. Cafe Press would in fact be competition for me. It certainly is an option for Glenn and he may choose to go that way for the non festival merchandise if there is ever any. Obviously, I hope he and I can and will work together on all PPUSA related merchandise.

Thanks again for all the feedback and ideas!

I too would like to be able to buy PP Merch outside the event itself - and a lot of what has been mentioned here (zippos, openers, coasters) could be good conversation starters/opportunities to tell people about the event. Would love to be able to buy these when i have the funds and save the Fest money for beer, marta tix n music n meeting new people.

Cheers
Jeff

Guys, the whole point of this thread is for Robert (FatesFan) and Glenn to gauge the interest of general merchandise. Your recommendations of CafeExpress is competition to Pinnacle Print Mangement, the company that Robert owns. Please offer him the courtesy of keeping that in mind. :kickass:

~Brian~

Agree on the idea of year-round sales on line. That said, baseball caps; posters (that come in cardboard shipping protector so it doesn't get ruined durning the show and when carrying it around); button-down black work shirt (e.g., dickies work shirt) with PP logo (generic or show specific); patches; stickers.

Guys, the whole point of this thread is for Robert (FatesFan) and Glenn to gauge the interest of general merchandise. Your recommendations of CafeExpress is competition to Pinnacle Print Mangement, the company that Robert owns. Please offer him the courtesy of keeping that in mind. :kickass:

~Brian~

Its great for someone small like me but PP merch would probably be better dealing with a more professional printing company.

Might wanna read what I typed again.

Actually, this reminds me of something I'd absolutely love to have, and would pay $100 or more for: A coffee-table type book about ProgPower from day one. Behind-the-scenes anecdotes, interviews, photos (official and fan-taken)...an entire retrospective on ProgPower USA.

I like this idea very much. Not so much a "yearbook" though. HOnestly, I haven't picked up ANY of my yearbooks since I left high school. I think a coffee table book with band stories- after they played- antics, special performances, pictures, both pro and fan, fan stories, etc. I think it would be a super cool thing to have.

Hell, being a published writer, I wouldn't mind volunteering my services for something like that!

-MetalRose

I'd want a generic PROGPOWER USA without any date associated to it. Just the logo design on the front, FREAKIN HUGE, and that's all that's needed.

Anyone a fan of vinyl window stickers? I'd love one 24 inches wide, take up my whole back window... so it's easy to spot me every year as I drive down I-75 to get there!

Anyone a fan of vinyl window stickers? I'd love one 24 inches wide, take up my whole back window... so it's easy to spot me every year as I drive down I-75 to get there!

I'd buy one of those and put it on my wife's mini van. She'd love that. :heh:

Also, are the girlie shirts a permanant thing now? If not, I'd like to request that as well.

Oh, and how about an offical progpower corset? ;)

-MetalRose

I will let Glenn field the girlie shirt question. Per the past, Glenn will handle the festival shirts as he always has.

It is possible that he and I may do some generic PPUSA shirts with no band,date,etc. info on it.

Now Corsets, hum, I may have to handle this on a case by case scenario as this could require a personal fitting. :heh:

Seriously though, thanks again for all the feedback.

~Brian~

The words "Pinnacle Print Management" appear nowhere prior in this thread [EDIT: I didn't see 'em...my bad], and I had no idea FatesFan was involved in any such enterprise. His original post just mentioned gauging interest in merch ideas. I wasn't intending on "stepping on any toes" or any discourtesy.

lol

I like those wide, clear adhesive stickers that you apply to the inside of your back window; they use static cling to adhere to the glass. You often see them for colleges, both real schools and some...not-so-real ("Starfleet Academy," "Vulcan Science Academy" :) ).

You might be thinking about the same kind of sticker, since they could be made of vinyl, now that I think about it.... (I just think of 'vinyl' as being thicker than these stickers....like vinyl house-siding :heh: )

The words "Pinnacle Print Management" appear nowhere prior in this thread, and I had no idea FatesFan was involved in any such enterprise. His original post just mentioned gauging interest in merch ideas. I wasn't intending on "stepping on any toes" or any discourtesy.

Hey Pellaz, I know you meant no harm man so don't even worry about it.

I did however put my name and company name " Pinnacle Print Management " in the original post. I could have been more specific but to be honest, I didn't envision that I would get feedback on sources for merchandise. My bad.

No harm though by anyone who has responded. It's all good and I greatly appreciate everyone's feedback.

Hey Pellaz, I know you meant no harm man so don't even worry about it.

I did however put my name and company name " Pinnacle Print Management " in the original post. I could have been more specific but to be honest, I didn't envision that I would get feedback on sources for merchandise. My bad.

Oh, wow, I didn't notice that until now. My bad, then.

No harm though by anyone who has responded. It's all good and I greatly appreciate everyone's feedback.

There have been some really good ideas presented. I'm holding out for the Glenn Harveston "Margaritaville" plush toy, myself. :lol:

i love the idea of merch being available year-round. there are so many items i'd love to buy, but it sucks being small and having to carry everything around with you during the shows. lol.

i would definitely buy some car stickers. big ones and small ones. i like decorating my car. and i think having a generic PP poster would be a great idea. a tote bag would be neat, or maybe even a wallet-type deal. keychains are always good. beach towels? i love the pint glass idea, although it'll be another year before i can drink legally, i can always fill mine up with dr.pepper. :saint:

ohh i just had an idea. maybe something like a PP little black book? it could be basically like a little black address book specifically used for all the pp friends and maybe like a lil box where you can paste a small photo and write down a few memories of fun times with each person? lol idk i think my imagination is running wild on me.

My first choices would be:

1) A NON-black collared shirt (either polo-style or button-up long sleeve) with embroidered PPUSA logo. I have a ton of concert shirts that I rarely wear because I work in an office environment....this could be my lone exception.
2) Beer/can koozies
3) Bottle opener
4) Lanyard for badges, etc...I heard they were sold at PPUSA VIII, which unfortunately is the only one I've missed (still haven't forgiven my brother for scheduling his wedding for that weekend). :-(

The beer glasses idea is cool, but since most of us will be flying back home, odds are a lot of them might get broken in transit... Could have a similar problem with lighters (would force any buyers to check their luggage...and even then, would it be allowed?)

As far as stickers go, I'd prefer the "static cling" kind. Otherwise it'll never go on my car (I don't do adhesive bumper stickers on my cars).

Now that you have a lot of ideas/suggestions, I'd suggest putting them in a poll ("what's the #1 item you'd like to see offered for sale at ProgPower?").