Band trying to get signed, hows the Mix???

Contra Studio

Jul 13, 2011
Hell Paso
Hey guys Im almost done with this mix, oh one thing we are re-doing the Vox tracks so theres only screaming. Im not 100% on bass and solos in the mix but Im pretty happy with the Drums and Gtr but Im open for suggestion. This is a band called Dark Aria and their in the maybes of getting signed with Road Runner records from what I heard. Thanks...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10714692/Grieving%20Winter.wav

The laugh was more at the road runner thing in combination with listening to the mix. The mix just lacks power, balance, and taste. The rhythm guitars are too low, the drums sound very brittle, and the cymbals are wayyy too harsh. They actually hurt my ears in some parts. Honestly, I'd rework this mix completely and start learning to track/edit better.

Thanks Dave for the input. This is a old demo that I work on from my house, I have long started tracking now in a larger studio. And yes editing was still new to me at the time. I was thinking about the drums on how to get them to seem god like. It lacks low end and that in your face feel. I you some midi and some real drums. I have EZ drummer using the Metalheads sonor kit. Snare is slate, 14 and 11 and over I cut at about 500 just to add the high end. I was working in this in a hotel for the past 3 days off some AKG 270 headphones, so I wanted some input. I like the Gtr just need to bring them up a bit more. But my issue is bass and drums..