Bands First Song

Not too bad.
There are some timing issues, which in my opinion, is the most important thing in a recording.
What did you use for drums??
Snare could be alot more upfront and the rhythm guitars are too quiet.
It sounds more like a recorded jam than a recording.
Is that how you recorded it?

Not too bad.
There are some timing issues, which in my opinion, is the most important thing in a recording.
What did you use for drums??
Snare could be alot more upfront and the rhythm guitars are too quiet.
It sounds more like a recorded jam than a recording.
Is that how you recorded it?

No, definitely not a recorded jam, but this is really my first try at recording something trying to get as professional as possible results.

The timing issue in the beginning of the song :45 to 1:01 are identified and will be fixed. I'll also listen for drum volumes.

Any other comments/suggestions ?

Mix comprised of:

Guitars: ESP LTD F-2005, Revalver MK III
ESP Eclipse II, Revalver MK III
Washburn - Catonese Idol, Revalver MK III
Gibson SG - Tony Iommi Signature, Revalver MK III
Bass: ESP LTD - F404, Line 6 Bass POD, Revalver MK III
Drums: Yamaha DTXPRESS III, Addictive Drums
Vocals: Cubase VST's
Interface: Presonus - Firebod, Firebox
Software: Cubase Studio 4
Studio Monitors: HS50M, HS80M

Like I said, I'm pretty new to mixing so any and all help is appreciated!

Well its definitely a good start.
The clean guitars sound good, try bringing everything up so there isnt a volume drop once the clean guitars stop.
Try bringing the rhythm guitars up more. If you're struggling with EQ for the guitars, check out the Colin Richardson EQ tips on this forum.
Some Waves C4 or Psp-Vintagewarmer can always help your guitar tones too.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/andy-sneap/262441-useful-links-faq-please-read.html - there are some very useful links here regarding mixing that you should check out.

Its just a matter of experimenting really. If something doesnt sound right to your ears, dont be afraid to tweak and try different things, there is no right or wrong. Read as much as you can on mixing to get the basics, there is so much on the internet to really help you. Your mix sounds clear which is a great start so its just a matter of building on it :headbang: