bands similar to Anathema and Antimatter?

Tonight's Decision album of KATATONIA always reminds me of a fair mixture of judgement and eternity album.

I don't see a band alike Antimatter but some little pieces from many bands such as PinkFloyd,Jeff Buckley (though i hate to mention Portishead :))

palanthaser said:
Tonight's Decision album of KATATONIA always reminds me of a fair mixture of judgement and eternity album.
:confused: how?? the riffing is completely different, the sound is, the singer is much more of a whiner, and at least Anathema doesnt sound as if they wanna kill theirselves or those who cast that Spell of Mourning upon them...
in all due respect, cos Tonight's Decision is great album :D
I don't see a band alike Antimatter but some little pieces from many bands such as PinkFloyd,Jeff Buckley (though i hate to mention Portishead :))
no, to me they are really something else... actually, when i got Lights Out from Duncan, (comparing to Saviour) i was really pulled into in some kind of melancholic vaccuum, incredible, the band is not quite comparable to any other of that kind. it grabs you, Lights Out - well in.

Allan said:
No one care to enlighten me about Stille Opprør? Don't want to start a whole new thread about it.
I have a cd of this band, the first one, "prosjekt 21 3". The songs on the sampler are from the forthcoming (second) album. That's why you can't find it i guess ;)

Stille oppror is the band from Christer of ITW... (not the botteri one) and has also another band called Drawn (get their cd, A New World? , that's a good one, though it sounds a lot like Seigmen) and he just started a new band (but i can't remember the name of it).
I got their album by sending the money to Christer himself, i don't think there is another way of getting it. The music on that disc is similar to the songs on the sampler, the main difference is that it sounds a little bit less "compact". Don't know how to say it, but you can obviously hear that the first album is a first album. The band has matured a lot since then. They also use less electronic elements on the first album, it's more an acoustic one. I am really looking forward for the second one!
But what matters is that the music is very good, and very enjoyable if you like that style of music. (acoustic driven, with an introspective atmosphere and a certain way of honesty = BRILLIANT)

Hope this is enough info, otherwise just ask for more :)

Thanks a lot :wave: , I'll be getting that one day, at the moment I already have too much new music to digest.

I suppose I can find an E-mail address for him at the Karmakosmetrix site.

Allan said:
I guess I'll state the obvious and admitted influences, Jeff Buckley, Nick Drake and Roger Watters (solo stuff as well).

Another band that's sort of related is Sigur Ros.

No one care to enlighten me about Stille Opprør? Don't want to start a whole new thread about it.
I like the Stille tracks on that sampler too, unfortunately I can't help you as far as that goes with their album. :erk: Dunno when or where it will be available. :ill: