"Bands that sound like Queensryche" radio show

poundingmetal74

Demons Will Fly
Oct 18, 2004
Canada, eh
www.finalstage.ca
So last night I did a show I had prepared months ago and forgot about which was all bands that sounds like Queensryche. Bare in mind, the show is only two hours so I was missing a couple of bands, plus newly discovered bands like Mystic Force.

Here's the playlist if you're interested:
Crying Steel On the Prowl [Put in the wrong CD, not intended to be part of the show]
Myth (Geoff Tate) Take Hold of the Flame
Lethal Arrival
Sacred Warrior Obsessions
Sacred Warrior Sweet Memories
Conditioned Response Deep Inside
Deaf Dealer (Quebec) I Will Go
Ashen Dawn Desire in the Balance
Defyance Force to Face my Fears
Final Stage Age of Ashes
Gemini (MN) Coming Home
Crimson Glory Lonely
Recon Alive
Siam The Search
Siam Sacrifice Divine
Sortilege D'ailleurs
Z-Lot-Z Road to Nowhere
Visionary (Utah) Enigma
Zions Abyss Madness
Wicked Witch Soul to Fire
Sanvoisen I'm Alive
Shadowkeep Queen of the Reich (Cover)

You can also listen to a podcast of the show here.

Does the podcast of the show stays online a little while? Want to listen to it on monday. Came home from work this morning (after night shift) and saw on Facebook I missed your show with half an hour. Sounds interesting as there are quit a few bands I haven't heard yet !!

Does the podcast of the show stays online a little while? Want to listen to it on monday. Came home from work this morning (after night shift) and saw on Facebook I missed your show with half an hour. Sounds interesting as there are quit a few bands I haven't heard yet !!

Right after the show airs each week it gets posted as an Mp3 on our station's website. [Basically that's what a podcast is, an mp3 of a live show].

So to answer your question, yes, yes you can. Just download the Mp3 of the show posted above. :)

Great selection. I´d add a lot more but specially these two (in case you don´t know them).

OMEGA POINT: From Baltimore. They released just a demo, "Infinite rhyme", but one year ago, greek label Arkeyn Steel released it in cd (1.000 copies). Believe, they´re gods. IMO best demo I´ve ever heard. Perfect sound, unbelievable skills, amazing songwriting.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnU_IaXwCgE&feature=related[/ame]

SAHARRA: A band from New York. Just an EP and a demo. Arkeyn Steel too has released some hidden material (beside the EP and demo) in cd ("Times forgotten sands" it´s called). Great QR inspired stuff.

http://www.myspace.com/saharraband

If you´re interested I could add some more bands for a future part 2 :tickled:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, I just had my computer rebooted and for whatever reason it wont install a player. I'll get it figured out quick now because I want to hear this. It's funny all these years I've wanted more bands with Queensryche inspirating but didnt know where to even look. Now this last year on this site from a few of you I find theres been quite a few bands with some great music.

Nice, I just had my computer rebooted and for whatever reason it wont install a player. I'll get it figured out quick now because I want to hear this. It's funny all these years I've wanted more bands with Queensryche inspirating but didnt know where to even look. Now this last year on this site from a few of you I find theres been quite a few bands with some great music.

I know of a TON of bands who sound like them. This show was just my favorites, but there about a dozen more bands I wanted to play. Also, try installing VLC player. It's the best media player out there (I've gone through dozens and not even winamp compares).

Marco, I'll check those 2 bands out. I have heard Sahara, but it's been some time. Haven't heard of Omega Point. I may do a part 2 in the future. I still wanna do a "Sounds like Priest" show as well.

I did great with windows media player for years, I dont care to alter the sound any but as I recall it did have a eq feature I never used. Im not sure whats missing or blocking here on this laptop but I cant play youtube or any sound links.

I'm very computer/tech ignorant. In fact the desktop is still messed up since I tried to hit that Siam record last July, I clicked on the wrong thing, sent I believe a "player" into my files and that was the end of it. Slowed the thing down to about a 30 minute start up time, then takes half a minute to a minute each to add a song to a playlist, draw up any of my writting or picture files. A few less than professional but semi knowledgeable people have looked at it, and cant find the problem, seems I need to put my files on disc, wipe clean and reboot that too. Was hoping not too because theres alot of files, music, writtings, photos plus my recording tracks.. oh well, thats what I get for not learning more about the damn things... old dogs/new tricks... always a problem

Here's the playlist from tonight. I think Wyvern'll like what I played near the end.

Hammerfall Rising Force (Yngwie Cover)
Iced Earth Burning Times
Brand New Sin Broken Soul
Mystic Force Man Vs. Machine
Saigon Kick Month of Sundays
Saigon Kick Freedom
Firewind Believe in Nothing (Nevermore Cover)
Dawn of Silence Long Time Dead
Helloween Dreambound
When the Empire Falls Innerwar
Blue Murder Riot
Seduce (Detroit) Chopping Block
Circle II Circle Watching in Silence
Metallica Ride the Lightning
Rata Blanca La Leyenda Del Hada Y El Mago
Balance of Power Walking On Top of the World
Titanic Fight Back (New Re-Recording)
Nightmare Wicked White Demon
Heaven's Gate Livin' in Hysteria
Angra Carry On
Rage The Edge of Darkness
Queensryche Road to Madness

whoooaahhh!!! Great list, man! :headbang: Specially:

Rata Blanca: "La leyenda del hada y el mago" :Smokin:

Heaven´s Gate: "Livin´ in hysteria" (in my opinion, that album is better than the "Keepers" fromo Helloween

Mystic Force: What a band! Maybe "Man Vs machine" is their "less excellent" album but it´s amazing. If you´re interested check REIGNSTORM. That was the previous band from Chris Lembach (Mystic Force drummer). There´s a demo compilation called "Tomorrow´s past" that it´s overwhelming. They played progressive (US) power metal too.

Heaven´s Gate: "Livin´ in hysteria" (in my opinion, that album is better than the "Keepers" fromo Helloween

I'm with you! Heavens Gate is one of the most underrated bands ever in history :worship:

Here's the playlist from tonight. I think Wyvern'll like what I played near the end.

Hammerfall Rising Force (Yngwie Cover)
Metallica Ride the Lightning
Rata Blanca La Leyenda Del Hada Y El Mago
Heaven's Gate Livin' in Hysteria
Angra Carry On

Not bad, not bad :D

I dunno if I'd go that far personally, but yeah it's a great album. Well, maybe keepers 2. Keepers 1 is a masterpiece.

You know, I was very close to playing Heaven's Gate's cover of Always Look on the Bright Side of Life. One of these days I probably will too.