Top 12 favorite "relatively obscure" bands

=poundingmetal74;9317440]

11. Sanvoisen[/B] (Dunno how "obscure" they are, but they're fantastic melodic metal in the vein of older Ryche)

That was my new 1st choice but you beat me to it, LOl. I just bought the "Soul Seasons" cd.

6. Gemini (Lance King's version of Queensryche :p

I would like to hear this one. Speaking of Lance King.

Avian - Ashes and madness

Nocturnal Alliance - The 3rd Phase Of Destruction
Micke Darth from Twilight & excellent voc. by Peo Pettersson

That was my new 1st choice but you beat me to it, LOl. I just bought the "Soul Seasons" cd.

I would like to hear this one. Speaking of Lance King.

Avian - Ashes and madness

Both Sanvoisen discs are fantastic. Great band, shame they weren't on the scene a few years earlier, they would have been huge!

Ditto on Avian, though I prefer their first disc a bit more.

Gemini were a huge regional band in MN in the early 90s. Never quite hit the big time. Their sound is kinda like if Queensryche wrote more VH styled party tunes.

Email Lance. He can burn you the CDs for maybe $5-10 each.

I did contact Lance & this was his response

"I should repress these older albums again, but haven't made the time, at the moment their only available for download, I could burn them but the time involved I'd have to charge too much. Eventually I'll remaster these babies and make them available again with bonus material"

So I bought the mp3's for both Gemini releases. Picked up a couple of Lance's other cd's also. Shining Star & Defyance :kickass:

12. OZ (Fire in the Brain is their best, but had a couple other good ones. Another strong Swedish band - one of the early Black Metal ones besides MERCYFUL FATE.)

OZ are a Finnish band (although they did relocate to Sweden at some point), and there's nothing Black Metal about them unless you count their only two songs with occult themes, namely "Black Candles" and "Turn The Cross Upside Down". Great band nonetheless, they are reformed and in the process of recording a new album.

Well, it's time to say 10 of mine, I will add more another day. :)

Randy - Unbelievable melodic NWOBHM, although they were from Denmark
Heathen's Rage - Top class US heavy metal band, with a killer EP back in 1986.
Denial Price - Criminally underrated band from Greece. Epic metal in the vein of early Fates Warning, with some doom touches.
Zions Abyss - Their one and only album (T.A.L.E.S) is this that Queensryche failed to release! Another reissue from Steel Legacy Records.
Thynn Ice - Amazing US power metal. Top rarity, never released vinyl, only the test-press exists!
Pokolgep - Hungarian legends, top name in their country, still active nowdays.
Oblivion Knight - Another hidden gem from the US. Two fantastic demos, recently rereleased from Steel Legacy Records.
Enchanter - US metal as we love it. With early Fates Warning feeling.
Scald - Russian epic doom metal. One of the best of the genre and criminally underrated, too.
Tyrant (UK) - Epic NWOBHM, really unique sound!