Bands that use a variety of vocals

NinjaGeek

Feb 22, 2007
Looking for bands that use a wide range of vocal styles, by this I mean they

A) Mix harsh vocals with clean vocals roughly evenly, and preferably have male and female vocals.
Ex) Ne Obliviscares, The Project Hate MCMXCIX, uneXpect

B) Use a wide variety of extreme vocals along the lines of screams, growls, gurgles, burps, pig squeals, shrieks, whatever you wanna call um.

Specifically looking for bands that have both A and B going for them, but I'll gladly take a listen to any bands that fill only A or B if you feel they are a kickass band. And even better if they throw in various singing styles from other genres such as throat singing, scat singing, opera singing, beat boxing, whatever.

The newest Therion album (Gothic Kabbalah) has three lead singers; one female soprano (maybe alto, I don't know), and two male singers (one with a higher range, the other with a lower), and a choir. The dynamics that the singers bring to the table are amazing. On one song, "Trul," the chorus has no lyrics. It's just the three of them, on top of the choir, wailing this amazing melody.

The only thing is that Therion abandon all growl vocals on this album, which kind of leaves an element to be desired.

Funny I've gone through most of these recommendations, and while I still haven't found what I'm looking for in terms of vocals, I love most of these bands, particularly dark tribe and mirrorthrone. Keep um coming guys :kickass:.

Graveworm if you want both screaming and grunting vocals.

Tvangeste for the most awesome black metal vocals you will ever hear combined with clean female vocals.

Hmmmm... here are some song recommendations because sometimes the rest of the album sucks:

Kekal - Mean Attraction, Voice From Heaven, Militia Christi, The Monsters Within

Orphaned Land - Halo Dies (The Wrath of God), Birth of the Three (The Trinity), The Kiss of Babylon (The Sins)

Solefald - Proprietors of Red, Mont Blanc Providence Crow, Fuck Talks

Asmegin - Til Rondefolkets, Blodhevn, Varg I Veum

The Kovenant - Cybertrash, Neon, Industrial Twilight

Borknagar - The Wonder, Traveller, Soul Sphere, Gods of my World