Harsh AND singing vocals?

Helspyre

Dec 6, 2005
USA
www.helspyre.com
First off, sorry if this has been posted anytime recently. It was a little hard to search for.

I have been really into the latest album from Suidakra and I like how there is almost an equal mix of harsh and melodic vocals and they do it seamlessly. It's great for driving to because I can both sing and growl along to it (I do the extreme parts a bit lower). I haven't really found many bands that do this that I like (I'm not really into Opeth or Into Eternity). Seems like most bands that I hear like that, I only like one or the other of the vocal styles that they do (for example I kinda liked the growling that I've heard from Amorphis but not the singing).

I also like Ensiferum, Wintersun and Turisas. It'd be nice to find some bands with lower growls though.

Anyone have some favorites that mix it up well?

Falkenbach
Dark Tranquillity - Projector
Arcane Sun (has some low growls)
Sad Legend (though you wont understand what they are saying)

Album recommendation? That would be even more exactly. ;)

You have three vocalists to choose from. My favorite is Vortex, and the albums he sings on are IMO the band's best.

For each of their vocalists I recommend these albums. Each one switches between epic cleans and vicious growls.

Garm - The Olden Domain

Vortex - The Archaic Course and Quintessence

Vintersorg - Empiricism

I doubt you'll find folk metal with death vox (growls)

fuck I can't believe a week after saying this I heard a fuckin amazing album to this description

Svartsot - Ravnenes Saga

Sad Legend (though you wont understand what they are saying)

fuck I just heard these guys now and had to search up the thread where they were mentioned. they're fuckin cool. best melo-black I've heard in quite a while!