Bands with good bass players

Just for information, Dominic/Forest from augury is the guy who play the Quo Vadis songs that SDG had recorded.

They did a DVD wich is great, and can see him play with is one right hand technique. (1-2-1-3-1 etc).Its look to work very well for him!!

There a guy name Niels-Henning Ørsted Pedersen, who use to play double bass with Joe Pass. Great Jazz solo.
Same for Stanley Clark with Chick Corea.
A guy from Montréal name Norman Lachapelle did a really good job on song "l'irlandaise".

But if you like funk stuff look for Robert Trujillo on infectious grooves CD or Fima Ephron from Screaming Headless Torsos(song:Vinnie).

Another great album that Tony Choy plays on that hasn't been mentioned in this thread: Pestilence - Testimony Of The Ancients. Fucking awesome album with fucking awesome bass playing..

"Cheiro de Vida" was a good brazilian Progressive/Fusion band back in the 80s. Their bassist, André Gomes, is a friken machine! Of course he is old and fat by now, but he still kicks arse. Check out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp6E0obTL1Y

Yeah, the video is not as good as one would expect, but hey, it´s from the 80s!!! Check out the fancy poodle-like hairdos!

I can imagine myself playing Death Metal using that double thumb technique. If only I had the ability.... =P

I see nobody mentioned Megadeth. David Ellefson has really nice bass lines,and the bass is very audible.They are my example how a metal band should sound.Well,it would never hurt to raise the volume of the bass a bit hehe:)

Holy Wars from Rust In Peace album is a very good example of their stuff.Very nice bass line,and very nice sound.I especially like the drum and bass connection on that one.

Same for Anthrax and Annihilator.

Chaoth from Unexpect is fucking brilliant, as is Dominic from Augury- two of my three favourite bands out of Quebec!
www.myspace.com/unexpect
www.myspace.com/augury
Dominic/Forest is a bit more accessible, just because Chaoth plays a custom 9-string that is difficult to emulate on standard basses...

Oh hell YEA, Unexpect's bass is AWESOME, he is wickedly talented, and so creative! And 9 strings! Crazyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!! He was amazing when he still played a 4 string bass.