Bare Knuckle Aftermath vs. EMG

No, BUT I do have to say Me and Lasse both enjoy the same types of tones, and I can tell you the Miracle Man is the type of pickup he WOULD enjoy. We both make the same complaints on the EMG's, and the Miracle Man solved both of them without any of the complaints Lasse is making about the Aftermath.

Ok, thats as may be, but it doesnt change that the aftermath is the tightest BK ;)

fwiw, I like the miracle man. It is more or less as you describe. But the AM is tighter.

Bear in mind that BKs are far more sensitive to the guitar they're put in than EMGs, though, which is why I said all things being equal.

Oh I totally agree, wasn't arguing ;) Just sayin as how most of the complaints Lasse had were the same so I was just offering up my feelings. I still do have to check out the Aftermath, I dont hold much hopes for it though cause I really LOVE my Miracle Mans.

I liked both, but both have things I disliked. A sounded less organic while B had some fizzy crap. No opinion on this one ehhe

Lasse,

Seriously if you want the BITE and TIGHTNESS of the EMG and still remain passive. Go with the Miracle Man. I have them in my 7string and my Les Paul and I will never change them. All the Gain, Punch, and Tightness of the EMG with more dynamics!

I have a MM in my Schecter Blackjack and I love the shit out of it. Extremely sensitive to pickup height, though. It can be a bit bass-heavy if not adjusted properly, in my experience.

B sounds more 3D and A sounds flat and lifeless.

+1

Loved the deepness of clip B. Clip A sounds flat and robotic in some way. They're very different on their own, both absolutely usable in different situations

I liked both, but both have things I disliked. A sounded less organic while B had some fizzy crap. No opinion on this one ehhe

This was pretty much what I thought. Don't love either and I think there are definitely some passive pups out there that would give EMGs a better run for their money, but I don't think BKP make any of them. :loco:

A, the 81, wins it for me in this case.

There is something neck-pickupish sounding about the Aftermath I don't like, even though the smoothness makes the high-mids much more pleasant to the ear than the 81.

Heh, find it funny that as soon as you hear the first second of each clip, that A is immediately tighter sounding.
When you're tuned down to C like in this clip, nothing seems to quite have the edge on 81 for tightness.
Bareknuckle Pickups aren't bad, but honestly they've overpriced for what they are. Same as Lundgren pickups really.
To me it just makes sense to save your money and just buy EMGs or Seymour Duncans, as some of their pickups can provide the same and perhaps even better performance than BKP for less of the cost.

well the BKP is more pleasing to the ear, which is starting to be a very important factor for me.

Too expensive though, so i'll stick with emg's

yo...
as some of you know I tried the painkiller and the nailbomb...both muddy as fuck IME (in comparison to the EMG)....some of you have heard the clips and agreed.

Anyways, I gave BKP another try and installed the Aftermath in my San Dimas Dinky, and I gotta say I really like it.
of course it's still not as tight as the 81, but it's nice and chunky...wouldn't use it for the tightest fast palm mutes, but it'll definitely find its way on one or the other record, nice pickup.

here's the comparison:

Pickup A

Pickup B

(I know, the timing is off in the first half....you'll get the idea though)

Granted, in this clip I didn't do any fast palm muting, so it's not THAT obvious that the EMG is tighter, but you'll hear the quality of the pickups quite nicely....
thinking about equipping one of my live guitars with these...backup without batteries has its advantages

this is the guitar btw:

SD1.JPG

SD2.JPG

SD3.JPG

Did the 81 have the 18v. mod?

^Wow, because I'm sure you couldn't have just quoted the post without the large pictures :rolleyes: