Jackson: Japan vs USA Clips

Lasse, what Japan Dinky model exactly is?

And another thing - modern USA Jacksons and Japan Jacksons have different neckthru construction, so it`s, basically, different guitars :)

I have a RR24, which is made in Japan. It was my first real good guitar, but after a while I got really sick of the EMG 81, so I swapped it with a Duncan SH-6, and it was like night and day. Recently I tried a USA RR1, and there's a real difference between the two. Maybe not that much in tone, but the neck is perfect on the USA models, plus they have bound neck and headstock, which looks awesome too. I love my japanese Jackson, but for the looks and playability of the USA, no one beats that.

Actually top Japanese Jacksons (imported or international) is somewhat like middle of Jackson Stars line. Top of the line Jackson Stars have ebony fretboard, MOP inlays, binding (neck and headstock), OFR (made in Germany) etc. at significant price.
Maybe wood is different, but construction (for neckthru) is also different. And there is such models like Jackson Stars RR TN-01 of 2008 made of mahogany (maple neck + mahogany wings) :)

I love my Japanese made Jackson.

This after trying out 8 different Jacksons...half of them American and half of them Japanese...on the same day at the store.

It beats my high-end Gibson, Ibanez, and Godin, guitars in tone also.

Mine is a non-trem model however.

Try before you buy :lol:

Got great customer support from Jackson also.

Modern Japanese Jacksons aren't really my thing, I've had a couple SLSMGs and really love those, but other models aren't too great. The high end pros from 1990-92 though are really great. Some of the nicest guitars out there IMO. The shop that made those would later become Caparison FWIW. Excellent guitars that are on par and sometimes even better than the US models. My main axes are actually a really short lived model from that period called the AT Pro, which is one of the only 24.75" (maple neck/mahogany body/maple cap) axes Jackson has ever produced. Phenomenal sounding and playing guitars.
3-24-2011TOMATPro1.jpg

3-18-2011TremATPro1.jpg

Just for fun my 1989 Eerie Dess Soloist (Ontario USA)
3-24-2011EDSoloist1.jpg

A lot of Jackson enthusiasts don't like rosewood fretboards, but they sound really good IMO. Especially using a pickup like an 81.

"professional" just means its japanese made, not the model of guitar

as far as I know the USA models never have "professional" written on the headstocks

Correct. Professionals are the first line of Jackson imports, starting in 1990. "Pro" was the designation that was used to designate the highest end models of that series, which are regarded as equal to US guitars in every way (materials, construction, etc, etc). All of the higher end professionals from 1990-94 are really solid guitars but the Pros are the best.

To me Jacksons are a thing of the past anyways, and pretty much died once Fender took over IMO

:rolleyes: Are you just regurgitating what you've heard online or would you care to justify that with any actual evidence? They are still built in the same plants, by the same people, using the same methods. I would never buy a new Soloist, since I prefer Non recessed floyds. But Jackson USA still makes some of the nicest metal guitars out there. Fender ownership hasn't changed anything. Besides a couple of tiny CS niggles, and some lackluster ebony on a couple fretboards in recent years Jackson USA still makes some of the nicest production guitars out there.

The shop that made those would later become Caparison FWIW.
Not exactly, Caparison was founded by one of Jackson Japan designer, actually transferring some of his own Jackson`s models to Caparison line (namely Jackson Falcon to Horus and Charvel Questar to Angelus).
Factory continued to make Jackson Stars/Grover Jackson/Charvel.
As for AT Pro, there is Charvel 750 XL with rosewood fingerboard and thicker mahogany back and also Japan Charvel SLA-160 model.
I does not have Jackson, but I`m have two Charvel of 1989, before introduction of Jackson Professional line, so both have non-recessed tremolos.
SDK085.JPG

Charvel_Model6.JPG

Later can be model of one Japan artist`s.
Model6Custom.jpg

http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?...son_Charvel_Japan_only/JCJapOnlyPage21_22.jpg

BTW, these are a worthwhile investment on any floyded guitars you own.

Noiseless springs http://www.floydupgrades.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=200

Those look nice - have you tried them?

And btw I wasn't 'regurgitating' anything; with all the other choices available out there nowadays, the brand seems somewhat overpriced/overhyped..

That, and my dissapointment with my own jap Jackson (yeah, Professional meant made in Japan, regardless of model)