Barfest Predictions....

i am fabio

Jan 26, 2006
Nor. Cal.
I'm thinking we gotta be pretty close to getting some official announcements about festival dates, bands, etc.....being as May is only six months away.

So i figured we should have a little fun and try and predict the lineup. It's going to be pretty impossible to be accurate considering we know nothing and there are so many possibilities. So actually i'm just gonna make mine a lineup featuring my fantasy BARfest roster....though i'll attempt to be realistic (for example i will not have Kamelot opening the show.....although this would be a good opener :loco:).

Friday Evening

Darkwater
Aghora
Vision Divine
Mercenary
Sieges Even

Saturday Evening

Cea Serin
Icarus Witch
Circus Maximus
Adagio
Angra

Ok maybe this is my fantasy lineup....but it's not completely ridiculous. :heh:

Also a couple of my biggest wants have been announced for Progpower USA....Andromeda and S.U.E.. I also realize that my lineup is more METAL!!! But that's just how i prefer it. :kickass::kickass::kickass:

A couple of alternatives could be Eternal Legacy (opener), Falconer, and or Kings X. Let's not forget ZERO HOUR!!!! (i don't know if they will be back at BARfest this year.....but now that i'm thinking about it, they need to be at BARfest every year)

Hopefully this years venue is ready for more kickass fans then last years (meaning more tickets sold). I alone have four or five extra people going with me. And i can only imagine that the word has gotten out about the city, the music, this festival. I have only positive memories of last years fest. All the band members that i had the pleasure of talking with were awesome, and i can only hope that this years lineup lives up to the hype that i have given it. :headbang:

I could see either Vanishing Point or Black Majesty making the bill. I would guess that one band from Australia will make the bill. These are the first two that come to my mind.....after EYEFEAR of course. :kickass: Both of these would be great.

What are some other great Australian acts???

Edit: Check out Voyager (AU). http://www.myspace.com/voyageraustralia. Very good sounding stuff. :headbang:

Vanishing Point Would RULE!!!

There is another band I love from Australia... Alchemy!! They are not the perfect fit for BARfest, but they do this semi-progressive tribal thing that is awesome. Very original.