Baritone vs. 7 String: My next irresponsible purchase

@jamesboyd: Awesome man. Although at this rate, Schecter players are hardly going to be individuals. Everyone is buying em up, haha.

@Nitro: You're welcome. Keep in mind though that the versatility comes at the expense of a wider neck and smaller string spacings. There are certainly a few things in my playing I'll have to iron out once I move over to the 7-string.

DSS3 said:
Haha yeah, the thing was great... played, looked, felt great. It just sounded like shit. There's not enough body wood near the bridge and the Floyd sucked out some balls. It was more of a cutting tone than a crushing tone, and I need a crushing tone.

Guitarrists are always in search of a great tone, we cannot stop :D
Maybe really depends on the pickup, mine is a stock one with Bill Lawrence L-505xl pickups, back in '93 they used to mount that kind of pickup, I like them better than Jeffbeck and Jazz.
I'm planning to buy a C7 with duncan's so I can play downtuned stuff and make some mayhem ehehehheh

Maurizio

Nitronium Blood said:
EMG 707 my brother!

I don't care about emg's, I played through an esp with emg, really good indeed, but I still prefer passive pickups because this way I can get a clean tone through the rhythm channel of my 5150
With emg's I have to turn down the volume knob, but I loose the typical bright attack of a full on tone.

Maurizio

kaomao said:
Guitarrists are always in search of a great tone, we cannot stop :D
Maybe really depends on the pickup, mine is a stock one with Bill Lawrence L-505xl pickups, back in '93 they used to mount that kind of pickup, I like them better than Jeffbeck and Jazz.
I'm planning to buy a C7 with duncan's so I can play downtuned stuff and make some mayhem ehehehheh

Maurizio

Hey Maurizio!!!

So are you buying the one Schecter 7 string they have at Sylmusic? I asked for a Hellraiser (707 EMG, baby!!! :D ) and Silvano said to me that I have to wait SIX months to have it delivered!!! SIX months!!! Right now I'm thinking if doing or not the purchase.

Giving that I have a Ibanez RG 7321 with EMG 707 in it, would you suggest to buy the Schecter anyway, regardless the long, very long wait?
:yell:

Fabbio said:
Hey Maurizio!!!

So are you buying the one Schecter 7 string they have at Sylmusic? I asked for a Hellraiser (707 EMG, baby!!! :D ) and Silvano said to me that I have to wait SIX months to have it delivered!!! SIX months!!! Right now I'm thinking if doing or not the purchase.

Giving that I have a Ibanez RG 7321 with EMG 707 in it, would you suggest to buy the Schecter anyway, regardless the long, very long wait?
:yell:

Yes I see, 6 months is too much Fabio !!!
But right now Lucky music has become a schecter point, I don't know if you have to wait six month even if you order through them!
I purchased this morning through ebay, brand new c7 with duncan's jeff beck and Jazz: 502 € (shipping 50€ + shipping insurance 10.7 € + border taxes,maybe 100€) not that much, in rome they ask you 1100 € (but it comes with original case), twice the price from ebay!!!!

Maurizio