Schecter C-7 Hellraiser

Polpotkin

Hit'er in the shitter
Dec 12, 2005
Sweden
www.myspace.com
Ok, I know from many other threads that most people here would agree that this is a really great guitar. Before I order one myself I just wanted to ask if any of you has tried any other tunings than regular BEADGBE, and if you've had any problem with sharp notes or intonation.
I will probably tune it GCFBbEbGC or GCGCFAD. Do you think that will be a problem? Or is it better to get a baritone, like the ESP Stephen Carrpenter, 27" scale (The hellraiser is 26.5")?

We went to an A-tuning and found that a string set of 10-62 (Skull Strings) got just a little too light. Nothing drastic, just a feel thing more than anything. A 64 gauge on the lowest string helps nicely. Hmm.. I'm not sure if that was helpful.. :loco: I believe it's a matter of finding the right set of strings for the tuning that does the job.

I might be wrong, tho'.

The other guitarist in my band is using a 12-52 (six string) and one 82!!! for bass :) But then he tuned the 7th string to F. But I guess I have to experiment with some different gauges, and I will probably end up with 12-70 or something.