Barlow Fans - Check this out

yep for those who know Shaffer thought the lyrics were so good he made new music and put Barlow's lyrics to it and simply titled the song Diary from the Burnt Offerings album

Yeah, that songs sounds a lot like Diary... but I almost like that song better! This also reminds me why I like the "old" IE much more than the "new" one... more aggressive riffs, more relentless power and a shining Matt full of power and emotion... gotta listen to Days Of Purgatory again! :D

Thanks for posting, Burnt!!!

Yeah, that songs sounds a lot like Diary... but I almost like that song better! This also reminds me why I like the "old" IE much more than the "new" one... more aggressive riffs, more relentless power and a shining Matt full of power and emotion... gotta listen to Days Of Purgatory again! :D

Thanks for posting, Burnt!!!

For me it sort of did the opposite. Reminded me exactly why I like the more powery IE (the albums right before TGB) more than the thrashy IE, that came before.
Without a doubt, Diary is better than this. This song is nice, but it sounds too much like a band that hasn't really come together yet and are still just messing around, Diary is a much solid than that. Plus Diary kicks fucking ass! I really don't get why Schaffer doesn't like Burnt Offerings.