Barry Adamson

unknown

fuck ftagn
Oct 27, 2003
The Red Tower
anybody else a fan of this guy? He makes absolutely phenomenal jazz music. Some of the most original I've heard in a long time. I've only heard The Murky World and Motorlab #3.

Some of it almost reminds me of Ulver's Perdition City (particularly on "Dead City Centres" during Garm's little schpeel). I've seen people describe him as "urban jazz" and "jazz noir", and those are probably the best descriptions for him. Gangster jazz even maybe.

I checked out a few songs from that album and I'm pretty impressed. Very different. 'What it Means' is a great track. I like the dark undertone to it all. I'll have to look into him further. Where'd you find this guy? Great find.

I just stumbled across Motorlab #3 on some guys list on DC++...I hadn't heard of him so I checked it out and enjoyed it a little. I was browsing through Amazon and saw someone recommend it based on a Bogus Blimp album, so I definitely gave him another check, found The Murky World, and loved it. The Big Bamboozle is another great track by him.