bars with good music?

nathanr

kindred44
Dec 23, 2005
Espoo
hey, does anyone know of any bars in the stadi area play good music, or are generally frequented by ppl in the scene. actually i dont really care about ppl, but if you know where i can and NOT hear R-A-K-A-S. thanks

well **** me. most of those bars looked terrible, and i know some of them don't actually play metal. i didn't think id find anything decent, but im gonna go see dark funeral and naglfar in february. i thought naglfar was playing only one more show after tuska, and i was pissed to miss that. thanks man!

opacity said:
hei distorted, which of the bars in tampere can you recommend?

Well Rusty Angel plays heavier stuff and on weekends atleast you get to make requests. Thursdays are hard rock nights. The place is pretty small (no live bands) but the music is the best in Tampere. The former bass player of Stratovarius likes to play pool there.

Hellä is huge but the music offering is more mainstream. No death or black metal. Maybe the occasional In Flames (newer stuff). The DJ will only take requests if you're a hot chick or so they say. Don't know if the policy has changed since they moved to another location. Haven't had the opportunity to check out the third incarnation of the place. They are also planning on getting live bands to play. And of course there are chicks in skimpy clothes dancing in a cage if you're into that sort of thing. :D

Tulliklubi is pretty good if there are live metal bands playing.

I'm not too fond of Sputnik. Always too crowded. Maybe 1/4 or less of the music played can be classified as metal.