Bass amp with a good FX Loop

DanLights

Santa Hat Forever
I´m having trouble finding a bass amp which has an Fx loop (or "power amp in" like some amps call it) that allows me to control the volume of what I plug into it. Since all amps I have tried have no volume control and I have to max out the gain on the preset of my v-amp (soon Pod hopefully) and it fucks up my tone, giving it too much gain (duh).

I would like a combo amp with just enough power to hold himself in a rehearsal with other instruments and a good cab cause I would just bypass all the preamp section with my own preamp/simulation

I´m looking in the future to get a preamp/power amp/cab setup but for now I really need an amp to rehearse and play live with, and all I´ve tried with shitty fx loops makes me go neccesarily through the normal input and then have to balance out the tone on the amp.

So please, any reccomendations on this?

If you just want to bypass the amp's preamp, plug your V-amp/POD straight into the "return" of the FX loop, and you'll just be running straight into the power amp. This way the "master volume" can still be used to control your overall volume, and your preamp will control the tone. The amp's tone controls will be out of the circuit so you won't need to worry about them.