Bass distortion: Sansamp ect

Since I got Jaymz' profiles of the B7K for my Kemper, I haven't touched my Sansamp BDDI. The Darkglass just seems to work better on a bigger variety of basses, than the Sansamp does.

Same exact story here! Love those profiles...

The ol' Boss HM-2 has come in handy on occasion as well.
+1 I use mine more often than I would have thought.
It's very nice to run as an additional parallel distortion track, it brings the bass very upfront thanks to its particular mids, and gel very well with guitars.

I also tried a B7K the other day when reamping for a band (bass player had one), and this thing is incredible !
Very versatile as a drive/distortion unit, it works very well in front of an amp and/or direct to build a great gritty amp tone, and also as a parallel distortion if you drive it more.

What are some good distortion only units (without the preamp)? I think the Rat and HM-2 was mentioned, anything else?

The Bass Big Muff is great if you're after something smooth.

I also like my 6505's lead channel into my 2 x 15 bass cabinet for some grindy tones.

My favorite bass distortion ever is the 5150II

yeah!
green channel is more on the awesome crunchy side, red channel works less often for me but too.

Dual Recto too obvsly...but I dunno...that amp just doesn't click with me, still haven't spent enough time with it I guess.

Apart from that, I'd +1 most mentioned.
B7k/Sansamp PSA 1.1/Sansamp BDDI into Ampeg is one of my favourite combinations.
Just I pitty the only real unit I own is the BDDI :lol: