Bass Drops

John Angelo

New Metal Member
Apr 1, 2007
A band i recently recorded asked me to put sub-bass drops on a few parts of their recording similar to how they appear on lamb of god records.

i have tried something like this once before and it was a huge headache. i would appreciate any tips for doing this, and info on where i can get good clips of these sounds. thank you.

yea i got 2 samples but i don't like them and they just nail my limiter when i use them and it makes my whole mix like drop out its weired.

I would love some tips on working in bass drops and were to get some good ones also:headbang:

make your own. I like to take audio from car crashes and explosions and pitch shift it with some eq and compression. you can get the sounds of hell this way

if its ruining your mix, just make the eq around 40hz, and then pay attention to your sub, it shouldnt really be audible, its supposed to intensify the breakdown/riff not add a sound.

I made my own with a kick drum sample , then EQ'd out the high end, boosted at around 40hz and then added a sick reverb.