Bass help

Hewy80

www.vitriolic1.com
Jul 5, 2003
Sydney
www.vitriolic1.com
OK people I need some serious help getting a decent bass sound.

At the moment I'm using this pretty ordinary bass into a guitar fx processor (digitech rp2000) then straight into the pc. From there I use a bit of eq,distortion and compression.
I just cant seem to get it to sound right when its in the mix with the guitars and drums. It just seems a bit too boomy. I have tried pulling out bottom end but when I do that it just makes the bass harder to hear.

I was wondering if anyone knew of and tricks or sneaky little plugins that could help me get a half decent sound. Or any other info that would be useful...

TIA

Hewy80 said:
OK people I need some serious help getting a decent bass sound.

At the moment I'm using this pretty ordinary bass into a guitar fx processor (digitech rp2000) then straight into the pc. From there I use a bit of eq,distortion and compression.
I just cant seem to get it to sound right when its in the mix with the guitars and drums. It just seems a bit too boomy. I have tried pulling out bottom end but when I do that it just makes the bass harder to hear.

I was wondering if anyone knew of and tricks or sneaky little plugins that could help me get a half decent sound. Or any other info that would be useful...

TIA

get the C4 plug-in from waves and compress the low frequencies, it should help out a bit with the boominess.