Good metal bass samples?

MetalMX6

New Metal Member
Oct 31, 2008
Hi,

I'm currently using Cakewalk Dimension Pro for bass synthesis that I feed into Guitar Rig 3. It gives a decent bass sound, but I'm looking for more realistic bass samples.

Anyone have ideas of some good bass virtual instrument?

Thank you all!

Thank you!

I listened to the disco sample and it was funny, yet realistic sounding. I'll try these samples over the week-end :)

Hardcore Bass is pretty nice. I'm really liking Scarbee Black Bass DI atm; humbucker DI samples played fingerstyle, recorded DI. The scripting is very good and it's all a pretty good solution.

Hi,

I'm currently using Cakewalk Dimension Pro for bass synthesis that I feed into Guitar Rig 3. It gives a decent bass sound, but I'm looking for more realistic bass samples.

Anyone have ideas of some good bass virtual instrument?

Thank you all!

Haha, how awkward! For my next set of songs I'm considering using a bass synth and feed it into like Ampeg SVX because I want to elaborate more with techno-metal type of stuff, and you've already done it. I assume your songs weren't supposed to be electronic sounding though, they were supposed to be metal or?

In any case, how did it work out, can you post a clip of a song? I'm curious, I need to experiment.

Haha, how awkward! For my next set of songs I'm considering using a bass synth and feed it into like Ampeg SVX because I want to elaborate more with techno-metal type of stuff, and you've already done it. I assume your songs weren't supposed to be electronic sounding though, they were supposed to be metal or?

In any case, how did it work out, can you post a clip of a song? I'm curious, I need to experiment.

The software everyone is talking about in this thread are made with samples recorded from actual bass guitars.

I see Ibanez and Yamaha basses used at MusicGoRound and other stores for $150+

That said, Broomstick Bass and Scarbee Black Bass both work/sound great to me. I usually run either through AmplitubeSVX or Revalver, etc. Programming either sucks but you get what you pay for, right?