Bass Sound!

Deebo

Dirty Man-Horse
Jan 14, 2008
Utah
Just got a New SVT3Pro and A Ampeg SVT-410HE. I'm trying to Dial in a good bass sound kinda that Usual Heavy Metal Bass Tone you hear in this Video right at the beginning Right before the family guy drop
Anyone can help its got its own EQ From 33Hz to 8kHz. Here is a picture of the head also thanks!
document

Thanks In Advance! PS I'm Drop B If that Matters?

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing to remember is too have the have the Master ALL the way up. Just adjust the volume with the Gain (instead of juggling both the master and gain).

Turn on the Bright, Hi, Lo. Set the Mid frequency selector to 1 and the Mid dial at 12 o clock. Bass dial at about 2 o clock and the Treble around 10 o clock.

What I do for the graphic EQ is to make a frown. Boost the mids and kill some of the bass. This the setting I used for my Fender Jazz Deluxe V. I had to adjust it for my other basses though.

Also used a Digitech compressor and a Boss ODB-3 Distortion pedal.

I'll take a stab:

BRT: off
15: off
Gain: 1 o clock
High: on
Low: off (unless you want more rumble)
Bass: 2-3 o clock
Midrange: 11 o clock
Freq: 5
Treble: 3 o clock
Tube gain: you know I'm actually not sure how to set that.
Master: to taste
EQ: ON

EQ section:

33hz: 0db
80hz: + 2 db
150hz: + 2 db
300hz: 0db
600hz: 0db
900hz: 0db
2khz: 0db
5khz: +2db
8khz: +4db
Level: 0db

Let me know how that works out.

If you have a compressor like the above poster said that wouldn't hurt.

I forgot to explicitly state that I own a SVT3-Pro. And You definitely want to the Hi, Bright, and Lo on. Adjust the eq to compensate for what those switches do. The head doesn't sound nearly as full with those switches off. Its quite odd.

And if you have a bass with active electronics make sure you turn on the -15db other wise the preamp with clip like crazy.

The DBX with work, but with bass you want a multiband compressor so you can control the low end. Thats what the Digitech compressor is and I wouldn't play bass without it. Only pedal Digitech makes that I think is worthwhile.